Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Grandmas and other things worth mentioning

Could there be anything better than a grandma that...

takes you to her church Christmas party and lets you get your face painted?
 then lets you check it out in the bathroom mirror... twice?
 
or holds you even though she's busy holding a smaller more "hold-able" baby, just because you're having a hard time sharing her with your cousin?
 
Or a grandma that gives you all the treats your little heart desires? 
(So much so, that the mere mention of her name has you asking for "marshfellows")
and along with treats,  also gives you pre-christmas gifts, just so that you can experience "grinchy" all month long?
The answer to these questions is "no", there is nothing better than being loved on by grandmas.  
Luckily for Hazel, she has all of the love in the world from these two.  
Thank you for being so great.

P.S.  According to all of Hazel's "cues" (and the fact that she's fallen out of her crib twice) she's ready to be potty-trained AND moved out of a crib and in to a bed. 

Question:
Should I try to get her in to a bed before I potty train her?  
Does anyone have some good potty training tips?

I'm thinking a bed before Christmas and then potty training in January.  
Is that too close together?
Should I be waiting until she's older on both of these things?

I'm seriously wondering where my parenting handbook is... 

No comments: