Monday, November 15, 2010

Hello Hazel's first haircut...

...Goodbye baby mullet.

It was hard, 
especially because Hazel has had limited amounts of hair for such a long time, 
which often lead to a well-intended comment about my "baby boy",
which often lead to a confused male (yes, it was ALWAYS a man) on the opposite end of a serious tongue lashing (don't you see all of the PINK!) 

But I came to the realization that "limited" hair is better than mullet hair

It had to go.
 
and it sure looks cute 

19 comments:

Sammy said...

Oh it look so darling! Such a pretty little thing, she looks so grown up

Erica said...

I think she looks even more girly now with the shorter hair. She didn't seem to mind getting her hair cut.

Don't worry I keep dreaming about my baby and I call it both the girl and boy name off and on because I can't tell(nor do I know) what it will be. Hopefully I have a baby full of that Mexican hair :)

Melissa Rees said...

So cute!! I would have seriously punched those dudes who said she was a dude!

Erin said...

It sure does look cute! I wish I had you around to cut Shiloh's hair. And Asher's for that matter. I HATE cutting their hair. You've always been so good at that stuff. She looks adorable, as always :)

leah jane said...

It sure does!! I love it. like a cute girly bob. well done crystal.

Susan said...

Oh my!! Baby girl looks so cute and so grownup---she did good sitting still for you. Can't wait to see you all.

Steven and Megan said...

How cute! You did a great job :)

cheeks said...

waaaay cute crystal! and you're so brave to do it... i can't even bring myself to cut E's bangs, i'm too chicken! i love the little bob! she's darling!

Jed and Kera said...

aww i love her hair cut! so is just so stinking cute! if it makes you feel better dalton has been called a girl more than once. Now that he is a toddler everyone always says he is too pretty to be a boy.... or bother!

Ostler said...

Oh Crystal! SOOO cute. How can I love her so much? I don't know. It's just maternal instincts, I guess. Even though I'm not her maternal. Weird? Yes. But true, nonetheless. Well, I'm proud of your haircutting capabilities. That's very impressive. If I owned a salon, I would for SURE hire you. Probably so that we could hang out every day. That'd be cool. ANYWAY, now that I'm done rambling, we miss you and love you!

shauni said...

She does look soo cute. I can't believe anyone would think she's a boy!

Donene said...

It looks darling and she looks all grown up!!!

April said...

It does look cute! I don't know how anyone could think she was a boy, regardless of all the pink. She has such darling little features. Though I do feel your pain. People, and yes, it's always men always make baby boy comments to me. It's strange.

hoLLY said...

ohh how cute! I love bobs on little girls ! it makes them look so grown up! Hazels hair look so cute! I have been cutting Trae's hair since he was 9 months, I swear when I cut it it just grows faster! Good work, love it!

Mary Ann said...

She is purely adorable! Her hair looks so soft and fine! precious

Melissa said...

she has a ton of hair! it's so cute! I love the new hair cut. Good job Crystal - it's so even! ha ha Hazel must be a good client to hold so still. :)

Ron said...

My two little beautiful princesses.

The Froerer's said...

This reminds me of Ivie's first haircut. It makes me sad, they grow up so fast! She looks darling!

Mike and Kim said...

No more Mississippi mudflap -- how is she going to fit in up in Logan?

Just kidding, she was cute before, and she's cute now. I always felt like giving Meg a haircut made her look older.

Remember my experience cutting Megan's hair in Texas?