Tuesday, October 05, 2010

September in a nutshell

Things got a little crazy there at the end of September.  

First off, Taylor found his ring!  
(The day he lost it I told him to check his pockets.  
"I never put my ring in my pocket".... 
a week later he found it in his pocket.  
Love to say "I told you so")

Top of Utah Marathon.
Taylor's dad and brother did amazing, they finished in 3 hours and 30 minutes.
 
 

Busy little homemakers 
(mostly Taylor)
 
 
 
 

First "official" day of nursery,
(although we've been taking her for the last month) 
and she LOVES it!
 (had to do a little editing...
someone didn't tell me that you could see right down my shirt)
 

Wedding dress shopping with Taylor's sister Karli

Babysat my cousins' kiddos for a week while they were in Lake Powell

"shakey (fruit smoothie) mustaches"

Family pictures
Here's a little sneak peek
(thank you, thank  you Anbre!)

20 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my gosh---so so so cute!!!! What a darling family---love you guys!!!

Erica said...

I've missed you. Where to begin....
-I had a feeling it would be in his pocket. Daren always found his in his pj pockets. I thought to suggest it but then realized perhaps you guys are smarter than us.
-I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT NURSERY DRESS! The whole stinkin outfit is darling! How grown up is she.
-Did I know Karli was getting married? None the less how exciting.
-And last, but certainly not least, I can't wait to see your family pictures!

How fantastic is the Oberg family. I think they are superb.

Sammy said...

your family pictures are GORGEOUS! Taylor looks so handsome, you look beautiful and so does hazel! oh how fun, now i just have to make Erik let my sister take some of us, hopefully he'll oblige :) they turned out great, can't wait to see more!
that is so great that taylor found his ring what a relief, all those jellies, apple sauces and syrups look GREAT! those cousins are too cute, and i'm sad i didn't make it to dress shop with karli, love that dress, next time hopefully.

Jed and Kera said...

Dear Crystal, please stop making me jealous!! :O) I'm happy Hazel did well in nursery! She is such a cutie pie! We miss you guys. Not a day goes by that I don't miss being so close (distance) to all our close friends! P.S. Our computers are fixed and I'm working on blog posts. :O) just in case you were wondering. so visit often! :O)

Melissa Rees said...

Love the pictures! So glad to hear about Taylor's ring. too bad it wasn't yours :(

Ostler said...

Okay, first off. Let me just tell you I almost just cried when I saw you guys! WHY is BABY Hazel growing up without me??? This is not how it was meant to be, is it? WHY!? I hate it. Second. You look BREATHTAKINGLY beautiful in that picture! I was dying! So pretty. Seriously, can I PLEASE have Hazel? I'm sick of missing everything. Plus, if I had her the you'd HAVE to come visit! It's a really good plan. Seriously. I love your baby! I miss you guys tons and I can't wait to see you!!! Anyway, I would also love to see a post every day so that I feel like I'm there. Maybe just take a picture of your family room or something and then I'll feel like I just barged in and sat there for like four hours uninvited like I used to. Ahhh. The good old days. Anyway, glad to see you guys are doing well! And we sure miss you guys. Please don't have any fun in Logan without us. Save it for when I come, okay? And tell Taylor that canning goes a lot faster when a BOSCH is sitting on the counter. I don't know why, but it's scientifically proven. And tell Taylor that I want him to teach Erik to can. Because I don't want to learn, but I want the benefits. Mmmm... delicious. And remember last year THIS time of year??? We were eating homemade donuts and watching the simpsons! And I was soooo sick, but I had to pretend to be fine because you already thought I was pregnant!!! I was trying so hard to not vomit all over the place! (you're welcome) and I just wish we could come do it all again! (not pregnant, of course). I feel like I should say something else just so that this comment goes on forever. But I shall not. Because I have nothing left. Love you guys!

Mary Ann said...

1st: You are stunning in your family photo. absolutely stunning! Wow
2nd: How satisfying is your home canning? It looks beautiful! I am so jealous!
3rd: I am so glad Taylor found his ring
4th: Did I mention you are stunning?

KCraig said...

Crystal, you look gorgeous in the family pictures. I cheated on saw some more of them on Anbre's photography blog.

I'm dying to know where you got your boots. They are fabulous. And Hazel is just adorable.

cheeks said...

crystal! you are gorgeous! you look like you just jumped off a magazine cover for your family photo shoot! great pic! i'm jealous of your home canning...and your husband that is so into it! hazel couldn't look cuter on her first big day of nursery! glad taylor found his ring!

cheeks said...

crystal! you are gorgeous! you look like you just jumped off a magazine cover for your family photo shoot! great pic! i'm jealous of your home canning...and your husband that is so into it! hazel couldn't look cuter on her first big day of nursery! glad taylor found his ring!

paige and jord said...

you HAVE been busy haven't you!? we miss seeing you guys... so much. i guess we will have to start coming out to our backyard more. and i cant wait to see the rest of your family pictures!

April said...

Oooh! Can't wait to see the rest of those family pictures. You look so gorgeous. It's people like you with fabulous hair that made me resort to extensions (yes they are clip ins). If only my hair grew and looked as good as yours looks all of the time. I'm glad that Taylor found his ring too. I'm glad that you all had a good September.

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

I'd given up on the ring, glad it came back to you. The fruit jars in the window sill look delish, Hazel is darling, and the family photo is great.

Donene said...

Love your pictures! Thanks for all of the updates! Congrats to Craig and Jake for the awesome job in the marathon!

hoLLY said...

Oh what a fun month :) i cant wait to see the rest of your family pics they look adorable! You look gorgeous as usual !
I can't believe how big hazel is looking these days.

Carolee said...

1)Yeah for nursery! It makes church bearable again.
2)I canned applesauce last year, it was delish...but I just can't get my mojo up to do it again. Can Taylor do some for me when you guys come down??
3) Had a known you babysit kids we would have hired you along time ago. And I'll pay alot more, too:)
4) Your family photos are stunning. Can't wait to see more.

Steven and Megan said...

Glad to hear Taylor found his wedding ring! I love the picture of you and Hazel and your family picture is adorable!!

Melissa said...

Crystal - are you getting skinnier! My heck! You look so beautiful. (and nice 'editing' on the cleav shots! ha ha) I can't wait to see more family pictures!!!

Tell me all the things that you guys canned!? They all look amazing.

So glad that Taylor found his ring. What's the status on yours?

Glad that Hazel is liking nursery. I guess now you don't have to feel bad that she's under age. How many kids are in there with her?

BreAnna said...

That is an awesome marathon time! I'm excited to see more family pictures. Okay you and me, we're the only ones left, we'll sail our own pregnancy ship together, in a while (long while) okay. I totally agree most of the people I was pregnant with are reaching the middle to end of pregnancies.

Mary Ann said...

Thank you Crystal. I hope you know you are my hero. I think about you often and think if she can do it so can I. You give me strength. Honestly. I mean I know we dont chat on the phone etc but you have influenced my life and I am so grateful to you. Thank you