Friday, March 19, 2010

OH HAPPY DAY!

3 1/2 years ago I joined Weight Watchers to take off all of the weight that I had gained during my time spent gorging myself on treats in the Dental Hygiene program (don't judge, stress is terrible company to keep).

I lost 27 pounds.
I was skinnier than I was when I got married.
I looked great.

Then came the holidays AND we moved to Logan and I suddenly found myself going out-to-eat to try all of local cuisine and not exercising because I couldn't find a gym that I liked. Slowly those 27 pounds (and a few more) crept back on. Then I got pregnant and gained almost 40 pounds on top of that... uh, yeah, not so cute, you remember this picture right?

Back in October I started watching what I ate and lost 10 pounds. Then, after the holidays, I started exercising my brains out (Insanity, love it!) and now I'm training for the Wasatch Back and have lost 12 more pounds.

As of this morning I can officially say that I fit back in to my "goal jeans" from the Weight Watcher days. Yes, these ones:


(March 2007)

It's hard to imagine that I was 55 pounds heavier at this time last year.

I don't have any current pictures.

Well, I do, but I will spare you my swim suit clad 'before' and 'after' shots that I took for Insanity...

Today is a good day.

30 comments:

Michele said...

That's something to get excited about! Congrats. I remember being able to get back into my "skinny" pants, I felt cute again.

Jed and Kera said...

crystal! i just want to yell "you go girl!" but i've never once really ever said that....so i won't. but great job! (that sounds more like me right?) :O) ok you are officially my inspiration!

Sammy said...

congratulations crystal! you look AMAZING so good, i'm totally jealous of you being so determined and goal oriented, being able to lose the weight while i'm slowly but surely packing it on! hopefully when baby girl gets here i can follow your example and get the weight off, you are an INSPIRATION! way to go. you look beautiful, but you always do ;)

leah jane said...

yeah, seriously you look so great!! way to go!

The Shaws said...

GOOD FOR YOU! That is so great! Very motivating for me to get back into my goal jeans, I'M GOING TO DO IT! Thanks!

Mike and Kim said...

Congratulations, for real. That is impressive. Not just the weight loss, but the dedication. I did one little exercise that takes about 5 minutes (pushups) for 4 months last year, but then I broke my rib and haven't been able to get back on that horse.

You deserve a big, warm funfetti cake to celebrate, with an ice cold glass of whole milk.

April said...

Go Crystal! I am very impressed. I so wish that I could be more like you and committ to exercising and eating right. I make way too many excuses for myself that it's because I'm too busy right now. But this post is oh so inspiring and I really should get by butt in gear. Way to go girl!

Becka and Bennett said...

Best feeling in the world! SO happy for you! Good job and I am sure you look amazing, because you always do no matter what size you are, your gorgeous!

I totally wish I was there to run the wasatch back with you guys, it looks so fun. I am nervous about this race tommarrow, its going to kick my butt!

Erica said...

I'm green with envy so bad right now. You have no idea. The jeans that I fit into at my thinnest are giving me a muffin top. I seriously need to try this insanity. Oh I'm gonna go crawl into a corner and cry...

hoLLY said...

oh yay! what an amazing feeling!!! good for you! I swear its always been a struggle for me so thanks for inspiring!!!!
ps im proud of this post !!!!!!!!!!!cause I dont know if i would have the balls to do it!

cheeks said...

congrats girl! way to work hard! i really want to try out this insanity thing!!

Donene said...

Awesome, nothing feels better that feeling thin! You look great and are always so beautiful. Good luck in the race!

Melissa Rees said...

Glad I'm not the only one who gained a ton of weight during school!! I was exercising alot too! Unlike you I haven't lost any of it :)

Alisha said...

You are amazing!

SHELLYFINCH said...

I AM OH-SO VERY PROUD OF YOU! Your inspiring me to get back my sexiness. lol

Melissa said...

Crystal! You are so skinny! You looked so great when I saw you last week! Those pants are sexy! WOW! Way to go sticking to your diet and exercise! You always look so beautiful!!! Not fair!

So Jami will have to tell you...but she was reading me some of our hygiene blog's that talked about how much we ate while 'studying' for boards...What were we thinking! Makes me sick to even think about eating cupcakes, cinnamon bears, crackers, pizza, etc....those were the days...but we sure had fun! ;)

shauni said...

Yeah! Good for you Crystal. I'm so happy that all your hard work is paying off- and just in time for your exotic vacation to IOWA!! (oh yeah, and your other exotic family vacation to T.B.D.) We can't wait to see you and your skinny jeans.

Mary Ann said...

I love good days. I am happy for you

Steven and Megan said...

If you are done with your Insanity dvd's then I will gladly take them off your hands :) I have a friend who also does Insanity and she says she feels like vomiting after every workout.. I can't wait to try it out!

Rory & Lori said...

Crystal you look AMAZING! Good job! I will have to check out that Insanity program! I've been working on losing my weight, too, and it's so hard!

rupee40 said...

Way to go! That is so awesome. Seriously, you look great every time I see you. Im so impressed by your running. I wish I had that determination!

Lonna said...

Kudos to you!! I am always impressed with those that can start and stick with a routine that actually works for them.

You looked great when I saw you a few weeks ago, but I am sure that the feeling of sliding into the goal pants can't be beat.

Good for you,and how impressive that you are going to top it all off with a race too. I am proud of you. One day I hope to find something that works for me, until then I am going to get a milk shake to celebrate for you.

Chelsea said...

Nice work!! I am having the hardest time losing those last ten pounds from baby. I might have to look into this Insanity workout! Well, and stop eating so crappy. Oh, and I love your dark hair in those pictures from 2007, so cute!:)

Ostler said...

Oh Crystal! I am so proud of you and happy for you! You look great. I will tell you a thousand times every time I see you. I seriously think you look awesome, and I am so excited to be like you in one year and 2 months. Will you help me? I can be insane, too!!! :) You are so great!!!

Erin said...

Look at you!! You are awesome!! A friend told me about insanity the other day. LeRand is a big P90X fan and he hadn't heard about insanity. I'm sure now that he knows I'll be hearing a LOT more about it. I need an exercise program so I can get off my lazy butt and get some muscle back. You look so good, I'm so proud of you. You've always been a good exerciser (remember the old days at Lady Fitness and how uncoordinated I was?). Love you, and congrats again!

Monica said...

What??? I want to see your progress! And your preggo picture is CUTE! Ok..minus the bathroom in the backgound!
Congrats crystal! That is a huge accomplishment! And the wastach back??? Even better!

You should do the women of steel tri (sprint and pool swim) in South Jordon. Its on August 7th at the Lifetime fitness just off of 106th. I just signed up! It would be so fun to do it with you!!!! It will probably be the only tri I do this year.

And I have heard of this "insanity". What is it??? Is it a program you buy? Tell me more!!!
Congrats again and please post a picture!!

Monica said...

Ok...just realized you had a link to "insanity". I will check it out. :)

Maria said...

Wow, you have always looked fantastic. I can't believe that you ever had 27 pounds to lose. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Why in the world are you posting pictures of me from like 4 years ago?! I looked awful! I am definitely not taking down that picture of you on my facebook now.

Lithie said...

oh my heavens!!! i am sooooo proud of you crystal! YAY!!!! seriously i was just telling levi that I am going to get the P90X videos and start exercising my brains out too! I gained 80 WHOPPING LBS since i got married and got pregnant with Emett, LAME and GROSS i know, so you are my inspiration. you look amazing too. congrats. so happy for you! i need to get my butt in gear! i have like 5 skinny jeans i need to fit back into. I am so happy you posted this seriously, all this weight gain can be so depressing, but you NEVER looked like you needed to lose that. aaahhhh i am so excited for you and now i am logging off to go do some sit ups hahaha