Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm laying it all out for you

It's true; I have nothing to write about.

In the past month I've come to the conclusion that people are much more interested in your blog, the more often you post. They feel more connected to you because they know what's going on in your life.

Hence the reason I've been racking my brain the entire month for things to blog about.

Unfortunately I have failed. I feel unmotivated, un-witty, and uninteresting, so much so, that I won't even slap a picture of Hazel on here twice a week and call it good.

I've got a brain block and I'm blaming... well, myself really. I could blame the weather, I could blame my lack of reading materials, I could blame the house I'm cooped-up in, and I could blame my disinterest in projecting. But, really what it all comes down to is ME. I'm a big, boring lump. That's it.

And so, my goal is to force myself to do things other than wake up, feed the babe, get her dressed, make the bed, exercise, get myself dressed, and mosey around the house the rest of the day. I'm forcing myself to get out of my rut. I'm forcing myself to find a project that I'm interested in (perhaps learning to sew?). I'm forcing myself to find a good book, and I'm forcing myself to (cringe) leave the house more often.

So stay tuned for the reinvigorated Crystal. Excitement is just around the corner (and I will blog all about it).

And for good measure, I'm going to slap a picture on here:
(Yes, it's a picture of me; and yes, I only put it on here because although I'm goofing around and pulling a giant fake smile, I actually like this picture. I was having a good hair day, the 'larger' portions of my body are cut out and it's a rarity when you can't see my double chin. Call me vain, but I need this right now damn it!)

24 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

haha you make me laugh :) I need a project too... maybe i will take up sewing

Michele said...

Too true! I think were'e all in a rut right now. We definitely have been, but trying to turn a new leaf as well. It's so hard to get out in the winter when you've got little ones.

cheeks said...

Girl, you are so GORGEOUS! i do love that pic of you as well!! don't feel bad about your rut....it's that time of year, as you mentioned in your last post! at least you exercise during your daily routine (*insert guilty cringe here*)

however, i'm looking forward to some new posts! ha ha! i should send you a link to a lot of the blogs i follow....they have awesome ideas for little projects!!
love ya!

Ostler said...

Ba ha ha ha! This was so great. Loved it. You are so funny. I will teach you how to sew. Nope. Strike that. I will not. For I do not know how. Also, last time I sewed, my mom asked me what it was. And it was an apron. If you ask me, it was pretty obvious. It had a hole and two long strings. That's about the qualifications, right?!? Well, apparently not. However, I would gladly watch the babe while you go on to this new adventure! And I will just come drop by some more surprise visits...

The Shaws said...

I LOVE YOU! You just made my whole day! I am feeling the same way and you just motivated me to make a change. DONE AND DONE! This crappy winter weather is not going to get me down. THANKS BABE!

Sammy said...

I love this post! seriously I think that we all are feeling this way right now. January is a hard month thank HEAVENS for my birthday at the end to end with a boom! I love that picture of you so beautiful! I feel the same way, go to work everyday, come home make dinner eat and lounge about, i've been trying to clean the house, organize and move things around... can't wait for the new posts!

Erica said...

Crystal, I have so many pictures like that of myself that others may think is outrageously cheesy but I love it. Much like the picture of us walking to Disneyland. But good attitude. I've run into the same rut, blog world and real world included. I'm willing to help with the sewing!

shauni said...

Oh Crystal, you are far from boring! You should blog about your little Houdini getting out of her exersaucer, and I know I would love to see more footage of baby girl walking. If you are looking for a good read I have a couple of suggestions for you; The Hunger Games & Catching Fire (the sequel to The Hunger Games), Suzzane's Diary For Nicholas (I could read this one once a year), Nineteen Minutes and Colby said the new Dan Brown book was good, but I haven't read it yet. I also think projecting is a great idea! If you are looking for something to sew, Abbi is having a serious bib shortage- maybe you could whip some up for me?? If reading and projecting doesn't help with your rut, just keep thinking of the Ragnar and our family vacation- just a few short months away! You look great in your picture, I love your sweater and I also have to add I love your parent's new fridge. No more trips to the neighborhood Walmart for ice!

Alisha said...

I am excited to see what you have up your sleeve. By the way, everyday you have a great hair day.

hoLLY said...

oh Crystal you crack me up ! I too feel the rut so i too have projects in the making to help this crappy time of the year go by faster! Trust me projects totally help! love that pic btw totally gorgeous!

Carolee said...

So, I guess I just never post because I am the ultimate boring!?!?

And you are seriously the most photogenic person I know. Your pictures always look fantastic.

Good luck on all your projects....I always say I am going to do "projects"...but then somehow I end up vegging on the couch watching TV and drinking a coke after the boys go to bed and trying to get psyched up for another day of it tomorrow (all while Jared is still at work).

Mary Ann said...

Amen friend!!! Why is life so dulldrum right now? I cannot blog about anything of interest. I almost wanted to make a post up. I am going to copy your personal challenge if that is alright. Watch out world!

Erin said...

hahahaha!! You should totally learn to sew, and with your creative self I think you would be AMAZING at it! It can get pricey, though (but you can email me for tips on how to save, ha! Just a few little baby miniature tips, I won't stress you out :) ). I wish we could slump around the house together. You need a Shiloh to liven things up/never give you the chance to sit down. I think I'll send him to you.

Rory & Lori said...

Haha! I LOVE this post! I know EXACTLY how you feel! I find myself in that same deep rut much too often! Exercise is the way to go, at least for me. I have found that I feel so much better when I am more active! By the way, you are just as beautiful as you have always been! I was always jealous of you!

Melissa said...

Even before I read your post, I thought - that is a really good picture of Crystal. You are so beautiful!!!

I look up to your rut! You are exercising every day! umph! Even if I could just add that to my routine - umph!

Maybe we should just get together for more play dates. :)

April said...

Crystal...you look absolutely lovely and attractive in that picture, so I'm glad you put it on your blog. I only put pictures of myself on my blog if it's a good picture, truth be told. I'm excited to see you come up with new things to blog about, not that there is anything wrong with your blog. I like it, and I don't find it boring.

Camisha Gollaher said...

I love your blog! When I find 2 minutes, I go to your blog first. You're such an inspiration & your babe is too cute. You look fantastic. Glad your holidays went well!!! Looks like lots of fun- especially Settler!!!!!

Sure miss you & love ya! Hope you'll be at UDA???

Mike and Kim said...

What about Insanity updates? Or Ragnar preparations? I thought we were going to get weekly pictures showing too much skin. Or how about a discussion about how much you liked The Hurt Locker last weekend? Or a mention of Taylor's progress in school, or maybe even one of his experiments? Or you could tell us about that lady from Sweden who wrote back to you with the great pictures from the farm, or how you are secretly planning to move back here with us, or how you were once again amazed at how it sounds to have a rational human deliver the state of the union address? (Alright, maybe that last one is mine). The point is, there is plenty you could say. Now say it!

Frost Family said...

Its gotta be Logan, that inversion up there sucks even worse than down here!! How about you make your way South one weekend and we can play a rousing game of phase 10 or "Seinfeld scene it"...

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh, I feel like you just described me exactly. I don't know how to break the monotany of my days and I hardly ever get out. I think you're onto something though, with starting a new project or finding a new good book. Maybe I'll have to try that! And you look way cute in that picture!

Parker and Jamie said...

Oh Crystal you are too cute!! I know exactly how you feel. I am going to go buy some vitamin D to start taking ASAP. I hear it helps with the so called winter blues. No sun= no vitamin D which is pretty important in my life. Love you and I loved seeing you the other day at dinner. Your looking mighty fine... Loves

cheeks said...

hey! sooo....our friends adopted! that's why she looks so good :) ha ha! i added a link to their blog so you can read the story....sorry, i guess i didn't make that clear!

Maria said...

I'm so with you! I don't have anything to blog about and I feel this weird pressure like I 'have' to do it. Ugh. I need to stop being so boring.

Your hair does look amazing!! I wish mine was as cute as yours.

The Corbridges said...

YOU LOOK GORGEOUS IN THAT PICTURE!! I'm seriously so jealous. I know I will never look that good after being pregnant. Geez.
Also, I think you may be right about the more you blog the more people care thing... I need to start blogging more too. I'm excited to read more about you... and I promise to be better at commenting and not just reading. :)