Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Hi, I'm Hazel Jane. I'm 4 months old and I like doing lots of fun things.


I really like checking out the mirror. At first I'm not so sure about that girl on the other side,
so I lean in for a closer look...
I make sure dad's feeling ok about the other girland then I get real friendly.



I spend lots of time "hanging" around with "Jenny"






I've also started sitting up (with a little help from my pot belly),
although I almost always loose my balance...
and end up on my face.
Check me out.
(mom had to film me from the back, otherwise I would get too distracted by the camera and fall over prematurely)




I like to hang out with my family.
I got to meet Aunt Becka and cousins Ashden and Mayce from Maryland.
and then we all went swimming in Becka's parents' pool.
But while everyone else played...
I tried to take a little snooze on Mom
so I had to get out of the pool.


I also like to play with my grandparents
while my Mom and Dad do things like pick raspberries.


I'm really good at sleeping while Mom and Dad do fun things without me. They rented Coraline in 3D, which my Dad was dying to see. The 3D version kind of sucked and made Dad motion-sick, but I think Mom ended up liking it more than she had anticipated.


and I'm even a little sweetheart and sat quietly in my carseat while Mom got her hair done.Aren't I so sweet? Mom and Dad got very lucky with me.

27 comments:

hoLLY said...

So lets just say we have the EXact same hair do! it looks great on you for sure!! i wish i could still take T with me to get my hair done!he is just too busy now, enjoy iy now cause soon you will have to find a sitter....
I just love the pic of Hazel resting on you in the pool and that she is sucking her thumb!

Jed and Kera said...

oh my gosh look at her! loved loved loved the post. so happy to see little HJ. i love your hair! we miss you!

cheeks said...

ah! i love those beautiful blue eyes of hers! that jumper looks great...i might have to look into one of those! i can't help but laugh at the face plant after sitting up! emri still doesn't roll front to back so after she face plants she just lays there helplessly! the pic you two in the pool is so sweet....she's so chill! love your new hair-do...as alwayS!

Donene said...

I'm glad that you have pictures now even though your descriptions are great. The pictures are so cute and Hazel is growing!! It was good to see pics of Becca and Bennett.

Donene said...

Oh, oops that is Erik not Bennett! I guess he had to stay back at home in Maryland.

Erica said...

Crystal, I finally see it!! She does look like her momma! Ok, where to begin...she's grown up really, really fast. I think the video made me laugh incredibly hard. Pot belly? Really?

Now, about that Coraline? You enjoyed it? I saw it in the theater and I'll be honest, I had some high hopes but I felt it dragged on then at the end they just hurried and got it over with(I won't go into too much detail cause I know what it's like to peruse other comments and have it ruin something like that for everyone) Maybe 3-D would have been different. Also, the star cover huge boobs were a tad too much for me.

I love baby Hazel!!!! Bring her in here would ya...

Melissa Rees said...

How cute! I can't believe she is sitting up on her own! That took Deac forever....

SHELLYFINCH said...

Too cute that she's sitting up on her own! That's awesome for 4 months! ~GO~HAZEL~
Your hair looks fabulous like always! I'm jealous of you Utah girls and your perfect hair...it's just not fair! And all of you seem to be the same (when it comes to hair), how is that?

Ostler said...

Oh Crystal. What a fantastic post! I Loved it! She is so dang cute. I know I know. I'm like a broken record. It's all I can say!!! I just love that baby girl!!! She really is so dang good. I can't believe she just sat there the whole time to get your hair done. She just sat there and be'ed so cute. :) sorry I try to steal her, and pretend like she's mine...if it wasn't for that beautiful milky skin, and the fact that she looks JUST like you and Taylor...Well, I'd say you were in for some trouble with me trying to steal her. However...Someone would know. But if I could get away with it, I swear I would tell her about Aunt Crystal and Uncle Taylor. I swear. And I would say nice things. :) Anyway, she is so cute. Also, it looks like Taylor is ALMOST smiling in that picking raspberries pic...He smiles with Hazel, but for Taylor to be caught with a slight upward turn on his lips by himself?!? This is definitely worth documenting. Ba ha ha.
See you soon!!!

Alisha said...

She looks so cute sucking her thumb, it reminds me of Noel. I love her facial expression in the first picture of the mirror series. Hazel is a doll and I love the seeing pictures of her and Taylor together, it seems like he thinks she's pretty great.

Mary Ann said...

You are go beautiful! I love your hair! Hazel is quite the blogger! I think she loves her life. I can tell. She is just adorable! Her eyes are just wonderful! I love her expressions. She is just ....adorable;)

April said...

Oh Hazel is such a doll. I love the mirror pictures. Her face just says it all. I'm thinking that she looks a lot like you? What do you guys think? Thanks so much for your nice comments on my blog. I eagerly anticipate both the 1 month and 2 month mark for breastfeeding if it does get easy :)

Lithie said...

i love it! i love it! i just love staring at baby pics! i cant get over how much she likes like Taylor, she does totally have your eyes though in the one where she is close up and her side looking to the right, soooo cute!

your hair always looks so cute, you remind me of Faith Hill, how everyone says she just rolls outta bed looking like that, I swear i bet you do!

We miss you when you arent around and i know you arent going inactive silly girl :)..... well maybe i should put you on the list to talk to the bishop about you, are you one of my "special case sisters" lol just kidding.

and can i just say when i see hazels feel i just want to gobble them up! and i love watching babies play in the pool awwwww great post :)

Unknown said...

Hazel is so adorable and I love your haircut!

Steven and Megan said...

i like the second pic of her sitting up :) Cute cute girl! We still haven't seen her in person yet!!

Lonna said...

Wow sitting up and lunging for the camera already, she is getting so big, and she is so darling! What fun things you are doing all the time, I am jealous. And as always I am jealous of your hair. How does that happen that some people just look good all the time, in any hair cut, any situation, I am green with envy.

I can't wait to see what tricks she will be doing next.

shauni said...

I am dying laughing at the first picture of Hazel looking at herself in the mirror- that face is classic! She has learned so many new things since we last saw her, and it's only been a couple of weeks! I am excited to see her sit up in person this weekend. Also, I love your new haircut. You are always so adventurous with your hair, I love it!

Melissa said...

Where do I start! So much...

You're hair looks fantastic! You always come up with something different and always look fabulous!

That first picture of Hazel and her big blue eyes! Ahhh...so cute!

I love her checking herself out in the mirror. Its so cute when they stare at themselves. Parker smiles at himself in the mirror then looks back at me to make sure that it's okay too. Its so cute! We need to get together for a play date. I'm sure they would have a lot to say to eachother! :)

I can't believe that she is sitting up so well! That's incredible! She's so young! I'm totally impressed. You need to but some cereal pictures on your blog!

It was great to talk to you today! Hazel is a doll! Can't wait to see her. Have fun in Powell..

The Sayamas said...

Oh my gosh, she is so cute! I love her big blue eyes! I think she is starting to look more like you. If you're ever in town, I would love to take pictures for you guys! I'm not that great but I love practicing, especially on such good-looking people! :)

The Sayamas said...

Oh ya, and I LOVE your hair, it's really cute!

The Sayamas said...

That would be great! I love fall pictures!

Sian said...

Hazel- you are so adorable and it looks like you've been having lots of fun! One of these days you will have to come and play with Lainey (maybe when it gets cooler) Tell your mom her hair looks lovely, too!

Jena Hendry said...

Oh Crystal! Hazel is so beautiful! She is getting so big and it looks like you are having so much fun! I love your hair. It looks so cute!

Camisha Gollaher said...

Darling hair, darling picts of Hazel-oh, I love her friendliness, and what fun you've been having! I love to get your updates. You are so cute.

THE WOODWORTHS said...

She is so stinkin cute! I love the photos of her checkin herself out in the mirror. Ethan loves that too. I'm so glad to see you are doing well. Cute hair by the way:)

Maria said...

Ha, ha! What a cute post! Once again, your hair is perfect! Love it. Remember how jealous I was of your bangs in hygiene school? Yeah, I'm still jealous. :)

Sammy said...

holy crap i can't believe i'm the 27th comment! thats insane. Hazel has a pretty good life! she just gets cuter and cuter, i love the video of her sitting, then bam she falls over, cracks me up too cute. I can't believe she's sitting up! so exciting.