Holy cow! I haven't posted in eons, but my great excuse is that I haven't had a camera. Yes, my camera really did break and yes it was going to be $100 bucks just to send it in to have it looked at (not including labor and parts). So we opted to buy a new camera since the end result was going to be about the same price. We just got it today, so expect to see some awesome posts in the near future.
Here are just a smattering of events that have taken place in July (obviously without photo documentation; however, we have a flip video camera which I've used on some occasions. I'm not a huge fan of watching other peoples' videos. It just takes too long, but these are better than nothing at all).
Here are just a smattering of events that have taken place in July (obviously without photo documentation; however, we have a flip video camera which I've used on some occasions. I'm not a huge fan of watching other peoples' videos. It just takes too long, but these are better than nothing at all).
- Taylor went to Montreal to present research at the American Dairy Science Association Meeting. He loved it and I think his favorite part was the bubble tea. (Google it, it's pretty interesting.)
- While Taylor was gone, my sister-in-law Shauni taught me how to make bows for Hazel, I went out to dinner with Gina and Steph, I got my oil changed, and I went to Jamie's bridal shower.
- We left Hazel for the first time ever with her grandma Oberg so that we could go see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The movie was so great and I think Hazel did pretty good too.
- Hazel has started giggling and squealing (cutest thing ever!)
- at about 3 1/2 months, Hazel started rolling over like crazy from her tummy to her back. (ok, I know my voice gets all high when I'm talking to Hazel, but seriously it's not as bad as it sounds on the video. For some reason when I converted the video for uploading it made it sound extremely high and "tinny". If you have a dog in the room, cover it's ears. You've been warned...)
- I finished all 7 Harry Potters in less than 2 months. I'm so in love with J.K. Rowling's magical world. (which I partially blame for the lack of blogging). I'm secretly hoping for my own invitation to Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Hazel's been sleeping through the night since she was 7 weeks old, until about a week ago when she started waking up every three hours during the night... hello. I decided it was time for rice cereal and it's seemed to do the trick. She's back to 10-11 hours a night.
- We had the first cookout of the season up Logan canyon with Erik and Sammy
- We went camping with Erik and Sammy over the 24th and the Frost family luck followed us (a big thunderstorm blew in at 2 in the morning). No worries though, Hazel slept right through it.
- Taylor showed me how to handle the Judge (but from the looks of things, I handled it pretty well, if I do say so myself).
- My aunt and uncle got home from a mission to France so we had a Frost family party to welcome them home. It sure was good to see everyone.
- And last, but not least, Hazel had her 4 month appointment today, complete with a whole set of boosters. She was not a happy camper. Her stats are: Weight 13 lbs 4 oz (44%)- Length 24.5 inches (60%)- and Head Circumference 16.8 inches (88%). Yeah, she really is like an orange on a toothpick. My little string bean. I don't know what happened. She was so chubby at 2 months...
18 comments:
I still liked your post even without pictures! I took like 3 of our camping trip, pretty sad, i'll have to email them to you anyway. Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun, I've heard about the bubble tea, I think they need to open one here in Logan! That was a great camping trip, thanks so much for coming with us and for all the great food!We'd better try and squeeze another one in before summer is over.
pictures or no pictures i;m glad to hear from your neck of the woods! can't wait to see how much hazel has changed!
It's okay to not have pictures, you just have to write more, because as the saying goes...
a picture is worth, how many words?
you guys are soooo busy!! i can't believe little hazel is rolling like crazy! Emri has finally managed to heave the butt over and go from back to front, but not too often....too much work for the big girl! i'm excited to see your bow creations and new pics of hazel. kiss her poor little thighs for me. i hate those appts! wow! talk about a lot of reading...that's great! good to hear you're alive, can't wait to see some pics!
It's still good to have an update of whats goin on with you guys!! but we still hope to see some pictures soon!!
Oh Crystal! You guys have been so busy...
I can't believe that Hazel is rolling! I just don't get how that is ever going to happen for Parker. I think he'll probably walk before he will be willing to roll over (even with help!).
Can't wait to see all the bow's you made for her! AND I can't wait for you to post some pictures! I need to see that little string bean Hazel! She is so tiny! We totally need to get together. Parker has his 16 wk appt in 2 weeks...
Not a boring post at all, I love the way you write!! Can't wait to see more pictures, you guys are always doing such fun stuff.. Keep it coming! :)
I'm dying to get a new camera! I'm jealous...but I guess mine is just not broken enough to push me hard to. You do a lot of stuff still for having a little baby! I'm impressed. I can totally see you reading Harry Potter, it is definitely a book I think you'd love (mind you I've never read them so it's not like I know them...but I just know enough to know you'd love it). Keep posting without pictures, without your blog I have nothing!
P.S. I love the videos!! I'm glad I got to see little Hazel's big moments. I'm like a proud "aunt"
She's getting so big! It's so fun when they start to roll over and actually move.
Seriously...I think I peed my pants laughing watching Hazel roll over. That was fantastic. She just throws her head over, and the rest of her body follows. I think you should do awesome videos all the time. She's so dang cute. I love her camping hat... So cute.
looks like you guys are having so much fun! I love that you have videos instead of pics, i cant figure out how to do that yet!ha. anyway Hazel is a doll!
I WISH my camera would break!! I hate it sooo much. Good for Hazel on rolling over! I think that took Deac 4 or 5 months. I'm guessing an abundance of fatness had something to do with the delay.... Hooray for Harry Potter! I also secretly dream of going to Hogwarts. It's so magical and mysterious and somehow more interesting than normal life!
Hazel is quite a pro at rolling over. I love that after she is done her arms are spread wide out as if to say "look what I did!" Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun this summer. I always enjoy reading your posts, pictures or not. P.S. how are we related? And thanks for your nice comments on our blog always. We enjoy reading them.
i have to agree with melissa R that fat slows the rolling process and also agree with melissa W that hazel is a string bean! ha ha ha! SHe's so cute....i can't believe how stinkin fast she flips over as soon as she's put on her tummy! and, i love that she's eating rice....little Emri is such a stinker!
Thanks for all the videos...they're even more fun than pics, it's like i'm there in real lifE! ha ha! Way to handle the JUDGE! You're a sharp shootin mamma! it makes me want to go shooting again...remember playing annie oakley with the other girls and the shotguns? i think we kicked butt!
Thanks for the fun videos! you guys look like you're having a great summer! we miss you!
oh, and yes... i do remember that you guys went to Island Park on your honeymoon too! no, we stayed at "the pines" cabins on phillips loop!
Yeah! I'm so happy I made the blog, I still haven't finished my "sassy" zebra bow :( Hazel is still as cute as ever. I'm so glad we've been able to spend so much time with her this Summer. Are you coming down at all this week before you head to Powell? We'd love to see you again before we take off!
hi there!! it is karena from hygiene. i stumbled across your blog again. its only been what...like 3 years or so?? Looks like so much is going on in your life. I just became a mama too! on April 8 I had a little boy named Theron. Its so fun to see all these babies around the same age and how cute they are. Great to see that you still hang out with the girls from hygiene. You look really happy. congrats on all. good to see you again. maybe i will update my blog someday:)
Post a Comment