Note: Poor Tay Baby had to stay home to work on his research so he wasn't able to come this year. We really missed him
When we go on our annual St. George boating trip, it's almost as if we have a checklist. We have to get in all of our "traditions" while we're there.
We started off the trip by getting all of the essentials.
Gigantic life jacket
check:
(with a smile like this, you would think she enjoyed wearing it... umm, not so much)
Pack all 4 kids in Colby and Shauni's van and make the long trip down south
check:
Have a major blowout in Scipio and have to stop to change Hazel's clothes
check:
Go swimming in the condo pool
check:
Realize that you'd forgotten something (like church socks, or just matching socks in general)
check:
Attend sacrament meeting in a random St. George ward
check:
Drive around St. George and stop at some of the historical sites
check:
Play at the condo playground and get sand in every nook and cranny
check:
Make sure that your swim suit, hat and Elton John sunglasses all match
check:
(ok, this is not a tradition but come on, too cute not to post right?)
Laze around at the beach
check:
Waterski and wakeboard on some of the most incredibly flat water you will ever see
check:
relax on the boat
check:
Shopping in St. George
check:
More swimming in the condo pool
check:
Pee on Chelsey through your swim diaper
check:
(also not a tradition, but it was funny enough that I'm hoping to make it one)
ROLL OVER FOR THE FIRST TIME!
Ok, this wasn't a tradition either, but how exciting! 2 days shy of her 3 month birthday, Hazey baby turned over from her tummy to her back. She was so mad at me for putting sunscreen on her back that she decided to take matters into her own hands. Look how smug she looks. However, despite rolling over 3 times that day, and much to Taylor's dismay, she hasn't done it since.
Play at the beach some more
check:
(yes I rowed this kid all over the place. Don't even question my skills)
Go to Las Vegas
check:
( However, Jared and Carolee now live there, so instead of saying they wanted to go to Vegas, they kids said they wanted to go to "Isaac's house")
check:
check:
Tradtions that were not pictured:
Poncho and Lefty's
Virgin River Buffet
Tuachan
Alright, that about sums it up, so until next year, enjoy!
P.S. As a bonus treat, I will grace you with this.
Look who found her toes... she just can't get enough of them lately
14 comments:
Well, I am officially stoked for Lake Powell. I'm glad that there is no random ward at the Wahweap marina that we'll have to attend, I always hate that. God knows we're on vacation.
What's with the black armband on Jared? And that life jacket on Hazel is awesomely ridiculous.
You neglected to mention creating a whirlpool in the St. George condo pool, so I have to assume that you failed at completing this tradition. Did you wander around the golf course late at night and get in trouble?
I better not show Megan the picture of Isaac in his jeep, or we'll end up with a pink barbiemobile come December.
Much like Mike mentioned, who goes to church? I'm totally impressed with that one! I did go when I went to Hawaii- but that was a completely different experience. Almost like we weren't at an LDS church.
I'm glad Taylor did grace us with his presence in this post as the preleaving huge life jacket. Before I got down to the part about her hating it I really was impressed that she was such a sport about wearing it.
All those nieces and nephews really have grown up!
I want to go to Lake Mead! And inform Mike that's a wise idea to not let Megan see that jeep. Because I've said it before I wanted one for years from Santa and that last year I asked the dear sweet old fat man brought me a barbie jeep...FOR MY BARBIES!
Thank you for entertaining me on this mind numbingly dull day at work... You and Taylor have a very georgous kid.
Might i add that this post alone makes me want to go boating. Whether its being stuck in an office all by myself for eight hours, or seeing how much fun you guys have, i'll never know.
I love when they find their toes!! It always amazes me how flexible they are. Just wait till you have a boy and see what else he likes to grab... Yay for you for taking little Hazel on a big trip! I'm not that brave yet. We did go to St. George when he was 5 months olde, we just left him with Maria :)
Lake Mead 2009 looks like it was a blast! I love the pictures of Hazel swimming and with the life jacket. She's one adorable little child. I just oooh and aah over every picture you post of her.
I also am impressed that you went to church on vacation. I don't even go to church when I'm home! ;)
Your sister's dress is gorgeous! Love it!
Can't believe how big Hazel's getting!
Too cute! Looks like you had a great trip and Hazel was cracking me up in those pictures! I love the giant life jacket and all her adorable swimming suits!
Cutest daughter in a life vest....check!
that elton john picture is the best! i might just frame it and put it on my desk, or carry it around in my wallet. would that be weird???
haha LOVE you, you look super hot!
What a fun trip! I'm so impressed that you ventured out with Hazel. I still haven't even been to the grocery store! ha ha
Hazel has the cutest swim suits and hats! SHe is such a doll! She does need some rolls on those arms and legs...get feeding her! ha ha
You have such a cute family! Looks like a great trip!
It was so good to talk to you the other day. Thanks for thinking of us!
yay for lake mead!! i think my parents have a timeshare at those same condos! are they on southgate golf course? have we already talked about this?? I love hazel's collection of swimwear, including those rad sunglasses! she's so dang cute!!! and i love the lifejacket....i don't know if i'm strong enough to wrestle E into one of those! For now, at the waterpark i just hold on tight to her as we go on the lazy river!
so funny Hazel peed on chels, although she doesn't look like she appreciated it! ha ha Looks like you're having a great summer! keep posting more fun pics of that little doll!!
Crystal, I'm so glad you always find time to blog! With baby #2, I've forgotten priorities, and my blog (my journal/scrapbook...I love blogs) has been left alone for way too long!
You have such a beautiful family. You are gorgeous! And baby Hazey...is just the most darling thing on earth!!! I could say I love something about every picture, but the lifejacket & her in her little suits, hats & glasses are all just precious!
Isn't amazing how babies grow and change so much. Toes, rolling over, those huge gummy-grins!!! I can't believe she's rolled over. My Brooklyn is 5 months and hasn't yet. She does get held 99.9% of the time though, so I think a little more down time, and she'd have it in no time. She LOVES to sit up propped though, so maybe she'll skip rolling over first!
I love this blog, and your most current about no comments on this blog as well. It's funny to me when certain things strike up so much commenting, and others, just don't!
I'm so glad you were able to keep up with so many traditions! I definitely think that Hazel peeing on Chelsey is one to keep! :)
Love ya.
oh i just loved that post!!! Summer ROCKS!!!! i was laughing and smiling for like an hour after i saw baby girl in her over sized life jacket hahahaha still laughing. Hazel is just so darling with those bright happy eyes and a smile to die for! :) I miss you crystal! Love the pics.
Post a Comment