Sunday, April 26, 2009

America's Next Top Baby Model

I think if Tyra had judged our photo shoot on Monday, Hazel might have been in the bottom two, or even the unlucky one "who must immediately return to the apartment, pack her bags, and go home."

Ok, ok, our friend Whitney actually got a lot of REALLY cute pictures of Hazel (which was probably due to the fact that she took 270 shots... I know, she's a saint), but not because Hazel was doing her any favors. Obviously Hazel didn't realize that Whitney was being incredibly nice to take these pictures, and commenced in being super uncooperative.

These are just a few of the "out takes" that totally crack me up everytime I see them. Miss Hazel Jane has quite the spunky personality and it showed throughout these photos. Crying, yawning, cranky faces, limbs flailing everywhere.... I really just was laughing at how difficult she was being.











Lucky for me, Whitney is an excellent photographer and managed to snap some cute ones. The good ones are currently being kept under wraps until after I've sent out the baby announcement.

So stay tuned for the ones that actually made the cut and perhaps could have been the "best photo to be displayed as digital art" in America's Next Top Baby Model...



So you thought you were done with this post??? Not quite. I have to throw this in too.
My friend Melissa finally had the caboose to our "triplets"; baby Parker was born on April 18. Hazel and I were lucky enough to visit them yesterday. Melissa and I were amazed at the size difference that three weeks makes, especially when Hazel and Parker weighed the EXACT same when they were born. He's tiny! I didn't realize how much Hazey J had chunked out. Hopefully he catches up to her soon; I told Hazel that she probably wouldn't want to be exponentially bigger than her "boyfriend" forever... (sorry Jami, I already dubbsed him; the long distance thing would've never worked out)



20 comments:

Maria said...

I'm so happy for Melissa! He's a cutie. Yeah, the size difference is amazing. They grow up so fast! Those pictures crack me up!

SHELLYFINCH said...

She's so stinkin cute! I love her dimple! I can't wait to see what pictures made the cut! Horay For babies! P.S. I need your address!!!!

April said...

Oh Crystal! That's so funny. I loved looking through the outtakes pictures; they were so funny. I laughed out loud at the shot where the crack was blurred out, it's genius. She's such a cutie, and yes she's gotten really big!

Jed and Kera said...

Ok so I can't wait to see the "keeper" pictures because these ones are way too cute! I just keep trying to think of a ways to put bows on Dalton....just no manly way to do that though. I just think Hazel is the cutest little thing with them on! I CAN NOT believe the size difference in the two babies.... wow....makes you think huh!

cheeks said...

OH!! I'm sure her pics will turn out just great! I love that you call her hazey j...so cute! we have a very similar "crack" pic where E just decided she was done being curled up in a ball on her tummy and just spread em! ha ha!

I'm so jealous you got to meet parker...and wow! I can't believe how tiny he is next to hazel! Emri would probably look like a tank next to both of them! ha ha HE def looks like melissa! I tried to call you back, but you were probably out of service...i'll talk to ya soon! Get crackin on those announcements! I can't wait to see em!

Erica said...

I love the ANTM theme! I started laughing out loud(which with the week I think I'm going to have was much appreciated!) I like the blurred out bum. I can't wait to see the "digital art" worthy ones!

P.S. we really do need to catch up on ANTM. I'm really thinking after this last episode it's completely rigged. Not that I'm unhappy with the outcome but seriously...the editing wiht Mr. Jay just confuses who I'm predicting!

Melissa Rees said...

Don't you love photo shoots? Deacon fell asleep halfway through his. Just plopped over and started snoring. Needless to say we only got a couple of good pictures. Hazel is adorable!!

Carrie Jones said...

C, you have the greatest sense of anyone I know! I hope I get to see you this summer when I come in Aug!

Love, Carrie

Sammy said...

Crystal I love those pictures, they made me laugh, but they are still so cute. How fun, can't WAIT to see the other pictures. I really can't believe she's that much bigger than Parker! I thought she was still so tiny! She's so sweet, loved seeing you this weekend. YAY! one more week and we're up here to stay!

Donene said...

Oh, Crystal, You make me laugh! I loved the pictures and they really made my day! I am glad you posted them and can't wait to see the ones that made the cut!

Lonna said...

Don't you love photo shoots with kids. Oh and they only get better, and by that I mean more running around.

She is just so cute, and I think that the pictures that made the outtakes were great so you are going to have some fantastic pictures and I am excited to see them.

How cute that she has a "little" boyfriend. Maybe Parker will be one of her first words, then you know you have a problem.

Melissa said...

ha ha...What a model! She is so cute. I can't wait to see the finished product! What a process...I think that I need to get going on that!

Oh...thanks for calling Parker Hazel's boyfriend...I didn't know if it was too early to tell...but I think that there was chemistry between them. ;) I just laugh everytime I see that picture of how tiny Parker looks... I think we're in for a lot of growing in the next few weeks. Thanks for coming to visit! I can't wait til Emri can get together with the other kids! ohhh...

Courtney said...

Hey Crystal! Congrats girl! Your little Hazel is so sweet and adorable! Those pictures are hilarious but so cute. I am excited to see the "winners". I think she looks just like Taylor! Does everyone say that?;)

Steph said...

Oh man, can I just say that I totally can relate to your photo shoot? Selma was very uncooperative as well, but luckily we had a great photog too and she got some good ones, I can't wait to see yours, I'm sure they're so stinkin' cute!!

And I totally agree with you about how crazy it is that they get big so fast!! I see other newborn babies and I swear I can't remember her ever looking that little, crazy!

Lithie said...

Oh Crystal she is darling!!!!! she is getting so big!!!! she is just gorgeous! i love the pic of her in the little chest and she looked like she wanted to die! awwww you must be having a blast with baby Hazel J and motherhood!
and wow the 3 week diff is insane! i never thought a baby could grow soooo fast.

hoLLY said...

how cute is she! Trae's 1st shoot was just the same! she is adorable!

Mike and Kim said...

I personally think she's just upset about all the headbands. But she is real cute. Her big open mouth pictures remind me of Taylor whining about something. Probably about me taking antibiotics without going to a doctor.

Thanks for blurring out the spread-eagle booty shot -- but why the hell were you taking that picture in the first place? I know one picture that her dates will never be allowed to see...

Do we get an announcement all the way here in D.C.?

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

CUTE! I am SO excited to see more! I was just wasting some study time, searching around some different blogs and found this... Check it out... http://www.tootoocute.blogspot.com/ This just SCREAMS Ali, but it might SCREAM Crystal too, Ha Ha!

THE WOODWORTHS said...

She is so cute and full of personality! I love those photos. Her expression is priceless in a few of them :) I can't wait to see the final pictures.

P.S. Thanks for your comment on my blog about the vaccines...I already feel better

shauni said...

Crystal, I love her! I can't wait to hold her. These pics are adorable, I'm excited to see the ones that made the cut.