Friday, March 27, 2009

Hazel Jane Oberg

She's here! Baby Hazel has made her grand entrance into this world. It's too weird to think that this sweet baby I'm looking at right now was inside my body just 17 hours ago. We started this whole journey by going into the doctor's office on Wednesday afternoon where after giving me the whole check-over, she decided that my placenta was getting old and my fluid was getting low. She told me to go home and pack my bags because she wanted me to go back to the hospital that night to be induced. We got to the hospital at 9 pm and they placed the Cytotec (cervix softener) a 10:15 pm. Soon after that my water broke which started some pretty intense contractions. After about 4 hours of contractions I decided it was time for an epidural which worked wonders!

The beginning of the whole process


Obviously I was still feeling great at this point. This was like 10 minutes after we got there..
... 23 LONG hours later, she was finally here.
Our first family picture! (I know, I look lovely. I guess that's what 7 liters of fluid and a full day of labor does to you)
The proud papa;
Taylor absolutely adores his sweet little girl,
and of course so do I


Baby Hazel weighs 7 lbs 12 oz and is 20 inches long. So far she's been extremely alert and hasn't really even slept much. She likes to have her eyes open to take in this crazy new world. She also really likes to lick, stick out her tongue and suck. She sucked on her hand for 2 hours straight before the nurses would finally let me feed her, so obviously that has made the whole breast feeding business a little bit easier. She's SO cute (of course I might be slightly biased) and even has a dimple in her left cheek.



Again, a big thanks to everyone for all of your excitement and support!

44 comments:

Colby said...

Yeah!! Congratulations you guys. My anxious waiting and checking your blog hourly all day has paid off- I get the first comment! Here goes: She is sooo beautiful, I think she looks a lot like Taylor. I love the name Hazel and I think she looks like a Hazel. Way to go Crystal! 23 hours is a long labor- I'm sure she is worth it. That's amazing that she is so alert her first day of life. We can't wait to meet her in a few months. Try not to let her grow too much- I want to see her while she is still little! Congrats again!

Colby said...

Oh great, my wonderful first comment looks like it came from Colby! Just so you know, he was looking at the pictures with me and is just as excited as I am- but the comment was from me!
Shauni

Melissa said...

I am so happy for you guys. Kids are the best thing ever (except when their not :) I think Hazel is an adorable name! What a doll! You will have sooo much fun playing dress up with her - it's crazy to think you are a mommy now! I am seriously so excited for you and I hope to see her this summer. Best wishes!

Alisha said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. Hopefully with her being so alert she will let you get some sleep! Good luck.

cheeks said...

I'm surprised there aren't a bazillion comments already!!! SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!! i'm so happy she's here! I absolutely love her name! Crystal, you are a trooper...i can't believe you waited 4 hours for your epidural...after 2 hard contractions i was dying!!! Oh, i hate that i'm so far away! I've been anxiously waiting to see these pics...so sad i can't be there in person at the hospital! I love that she's so alert, checkin out her new home!!! CAn't wait to hear from you , but no worries, i know how hectic the first few days....weeks,....month is! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Sammy said...

Crystal and Taylor,
I just LOVE her! she's just so adorable and such a sweet heart! I am so happy that I work right down stairs and can run up and squeeze her when I want! How fun. I'm so glad that she decided to come and stopped being so naughty! So adorable and I LOVE the name, everyone i've told just loves it. i'm sure that labor and everything was just awful but i'm sure it was well worth it. WE love you guys!

The Sayamas said...

CONGRATS!!! You all look great, Hazel is beautiful, and so is her name. Rory and I love it.

Carolee said...

Congrats!! What a cutie and Crystal what a trooper you are. I am glad she is finally here, too! What a cute name....for a darling little girl. I hope she keeps up being such a sweet baby. Enjoy it...they get big fast.

Mike and Kim said...

Congratulations. Here's a song to celebrate.

I'm happy for you.

Mary Ann said...

She is the most precious thing ever! I am so glad you are both doing well! Oh I am just so happy for you! good luck and hope you get some sleep!

Levi said...

yay! yipee skipee! wahoo bazooka! WELCOME BABY HAZEL! We are so excited for you guys and cant wait to see y'all later 2nite! she is so precious! i think she has Taylors eyes and your cheeks/chin, but i have to look at her again. that was just at first glance.
you look great considering a whole day of labor and all that stuff. sheesh i hope i look that good after giving birth! and wow that last profile pic was intense i cant believe how your cute belly was so far out.
Glad you guys are doing great and that all went well! CONGRATS she is darling. cant wait for a couple weeks to pass they start to develop more features and you can see more of your traits in her. big hugs!
XOXOXO
Lithie & Levi ROCK

Levi said...

great i wrote all that stuff and it posted under Levi's name!!! its me Lithie by the way! not like it really matters lol, see you guys soon!
Love,
lithie

Becka and Bennett said...

We are so happy everything went well and that she is here! Sorry to hear you had a tough delivery, but she is soo soo sweet and so very worth it i am sure! Hugs to you Crystal hope you have a quick recovery and give that sweet little Hazel loves from all of us! We cant wait to meet her in person but untel then keep posting pictures! Cant wait to talk to ya, give me a call when everything settles down. love you guys!

Frost Family said...

Congrats Bloke!! We are very excited for you guys and the kids are excited to see their new cousin. Good Job and well see you soon.

April said...

Yay for you guys! I was so happy to see that you posted! She is adorable Crystal! And I LOVE her name. I'm so excited for you and Taylor and little Hazel :)

Chelsea said...

Hey Crystal,

I hope you don't mind, I saw your blog on Kera's. I thought I saw you at the Budge on Wednesday. We were there getting the big 20 week ultrasound!:) I just wanted to say Congratulations!! Hazel is absolutely adorable!! I am so happy for you guys. And I love that name too!

Chelsea

Melissa Rees said...

OMG OMG! I can't believe how cute she is! Congratulations!! Welcome to motherhood--enjoy every moment!

Anbre said...

Hazel is a beautiful name and a beautiful baby. I'm so excited she is finally here. Remember, please let me know what I can do to help. I'm just a few doors down... Again, congrats!

paige and jord said...

crystal!!!! CONGRATS! she is absolutely adorable! cant wait to see her (ps. i have had a gift for you for about 4 weeks and have YET to bring it over!) let me know when things have settled down over there at the oberg townhouse and i will bring it- congrats again!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Congrats you too! I am also pleased to serve as her middle name-sake! :)

cheeks said...

AAAGGHGHHHHH!! I keep coming back to look at your blog and these sweet pictures! I love her cute blonde hair and the bow!! I love her already....she and emri will make the best of friends...i'm sure they've already met and can't wait for their next play date!

joN aNd tRiciA said...

CONGRATS!!!! That is so exciting she is a doll! Her name is so cute I love it, I also love all the blond hair, good job you two!!

Unknown said...

OH she really is sooooo cute! Way to go mama on your 23 hours of labor! I LOVE the name Hazel (it was my great-grandmother's name) and want to use it if I ever have a little girl. Congrats guys, so exciting!

Erica said...

Crystal I was so happy when I woke up to that text!!! Hazel is darling. I can't wait to see her!!! PLease bring her by asap!!

Ana Maraea Ngawiki Torgesen said...

Congrats Crystal, she is so cute! I am so excited that she is here, your probably like no kidding. anyways you look great! you should have seen my first family picture it was awful. you look beautiful. again congrats on your baby!and good luck with nursing that is awesome, i am jealous :)

Sian said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful and the name is lovely. Well done for enduring 23 hours, I feel sorry for you! But it's worth it, right?! Let me know if you need anything!

Susan said...

Oh I love that baby girl already!! You did an awesome job Crystal, and you too Taylor!! Thanks for letting me be a part of this most miraculous moment...we love you guys and can't wait to see you tomorrow to spend time with baby Hazel... I think she has Taylor's eyes and Crystal's lips... she is a cutie already!!! (Mike are you counting my exclamation points?)

Lonna said...

Hooray for this post. I was checking in throughout the day so that I could see her darling face, and she is so precious, I love those lips oh my goodness she is beautiful.

I was changing Harrison when my phone rang and Gwen was yelling at me that my phone was going off, and when I got to it and read the text I was screaming at James that you had your baby and the stats, and her perfect name, and he said yikes 23 hours, poor Crystal, but I really like the name. There you have it straight from the man who can't decide on names, you have chosen wisely.

I am really impressed that you went four hours before asking for the good stuff, pretty sure that after the drive to the hospital I was begging for anything, literally.
And you look great, like you have had movie set fans blowing your hair for the "wind blown" look.

I am so excited for you and Taylor, what a wonderful set of parents you are going to be. Lucky Hazel. I can't wait to see more of her.

Brad and Jen said...

Congrats!!!! She is such a beautiful little thing! Good luck with everything! Congrats again!!!

SHELLYFINCH said...

Congrats! (again) She's so beautiful! and 23 hours of labor! YUCK! I was in labor that long too! You look great and HAZEL (love the name) is gorgeous! I think she looks like you. She'll keep changing everyday! God Bless and send me your address when you have a free minuet (which might be never, now that your a full time MOM), I have a little something I want to send Ms. Hazel Jane.

Erin said...

Hooray for Hazel Jane!! And for you, trooper, way to go! And thanks for posting so soon, you obviously have a lot of anxious friends and family. Now we can rest easy tonight ;). We can't wait to meet her. So glad you're both doing well. I love you and will drive to Logan the minute you give the go-ahead. I'll pray for your uterus to contract quickly, haha! Ew, it makes me cringe just thinking about that feeling.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful! Love the name as well. I too LOVE epidurals. They are a pregnant girls best friend.

rupee40 said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful! Way to go, Crystal! We are glad everything went well. Have fun!
Jeff & Ali

Camisha Gollaher said...

Way to go! You're quite the woman Crystal. Childbirth is such a miraculous blessing, and I'm so glad that yours went well and baby Hazel is here safe and sound. She is absoloutely beautiful! What a precious little baby to enjoy for eternity...but she won't be a baby long, so enjoy every waking (and sleeping) moment. :) My little one just turned 8 weeks, and how fast they flew! Cherish ALL your time together, the good, and the bad. Good luck with recovery-physically, emotionally, and mentally- you're whole life just changed, and I am so excited for you!!! Congratulations.

Emilee said...

Wow what a tough girl. I am surprised you had the energy to still do a blog entry so soon. Hazel's a cutie.

Michele said...

Oh she's cute. I know hospital pictures aren't that great and even a day later look better but you can tell she's going to be a looker. Congrats!

Maria said...

Oh, Crystal! She is beautiful!! Congratulations! I love the name too. Hope you're feeling well.

Randi said...

Awesome name! Wow that was a long labor. And I am so excited you blogged so quickly I was so anxious to see pictures of her. She is beautiful! Great Job!

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

What a beautiful family. You'll make wonderful parents and Hazel will give you lots of pleasure.
Take good care of her!
Congratulations!!!

Ostler said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We're so happy for you! I'm so excited to hold her. I love her. :) And I will kiss her cheeks. So that means she's so cute! And I told you I wouldn't lie...P.s. Sorry if I move into your house so I can see your baby ALL the time. I'm just so excited, and I giggle a lot right now. And then Erik just laughs. :) Well, I'm glad we now know that you and Taylor make way cute babies. good job.

Rachel said...

FORTY COMMENTS! W-O-W you are POPULAR!!! :) congrats on the baby, I talked to Jess and she said you had come in and were still pregnant, so I wasn't thinking anything had happened, but I checked the blog and BAM she is here! CONGRATULATIONS! She is beautiful.........have fun with the breast feeding business. Becka's mom told me the best advice, "just wait and stick through it for the first six weeks (I know it seems like forever) and then it will get easier"

Rachel said...

Oh, and I think she has the shaw nose! :)

Monica said...

She is SO darling! Congratulations to you both! You are officially a momma! So fun and so exciting. I hope I get hear the nitty gritty details soon and I can come visit you when you are feeling up to it.
By the way... I totally got your text at 5:30am! I didn't think you would "send" it at that time, but whatever!
She is so sweet and I love the name!!!!!! Congrats again!!!! I'm like screaming here!

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

You are such a champion- 23 hours! Hazel Jane is the CUTEST name! I am so super jealous! Maybe Andrew needs to come over and visit so he can warm up to the idea of little tiny babies!