Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's A Party and We Were All Invited

This year the Frost family was lucky. With 3 of the 6 Frost siblings living out of state, it's usually impossible to get everyone home for a visit at the same time. But, the cosmo's aligned and all 6 kids, 5 spouses and 9 grandkids were able to meet up at grandma and grandpa's house for a week of excitement.

Tuesday night we were able to ditch the kids and go to the temple. We missed you Tay Baby! (he couldn't get out of the lab until Thursday night). I especially missed Taylor because I felt like the Lone Wolf, or the 9th wheel. Also one of the cute little temple workers got confused and thought that me and my dad were a couple....

We were glad that Texas Roadhouse could accommodate our awkward group of 9.

That night, back at the house we met up with Mike, Kim, and Megan and I was introduced to sweet baby Henry for the first time.
Meggie is a little firecracker, she was playing and dancing all night long, as you can see from the pictures below...



On Wednesday night, my mom put on a great BBQ for all the family and friends. The kids couldn't get enough of the bouncy toys.



Logan took his life in his hands and jumped in the black widow infested window wells to catch salamanders. The boys of all ages thoroughly enjoyed it.

Dad and his 4 boys (from left: Dan, Colby, Dad, Jared, Mike)

You did a great job putting everything together mom, Thanks!

Cory and Alisha have the sweetest, happiest little girls ever! This is cute baby Ellie. She was all smiles even with the binky in her mouth.

Everyone enjoyed the good eats



Fishing in grandpas waterfall


Who gave Baby Drew the Coke? Ok, ok, it was an empty can, no big dealLittle does smiling Isaac know that Ammon's on the prowl and he's about to get soaked!


Little Meg and her cousin Noel were playing nice and sharing Cory's Ipod.
Baby Henry chillin' in the bath

Ammon and Carter are so funny, they are always up to something....

Dad rented out Flowrider at the Junction, so the whole family went to give it a try.

"The Participants"

Don't let these pictures fool you, it was a lot harder than it looks. That wave is powerful and if you're not careful, your bound to loose your top or at the very least end up with a serious wedgie.




Little Logan did awesome, he put all the older boys to shame. (except for that random boy in the orange suit in the background. He's a regular)

We finally got Taylor down on Thursday night for family pictures (which miraculously turned out really good) and dinner at El Matador.

Friday morning we went boating at Pineview

The three 3 year olds. Isaac, Carter, and Megan were all born in March of 2005


Chelsey will kill me when she sees that I put this on here, but seriously, you can't wear a contraption like that and get away with it. She didn't want her hair to get wet or messed up, so she put a scarf over her head every time she was in the boat. Don't worry, she caught plenty of flack for it.

Taylor, where's your head scarf for those beautiful locks??

Grandpa, Bugs, and Baby Drew at the Training Table.

On Saturday, the boys went on the Bataan Death March (aka a 12 mile hike up to Ben Lomond). When they came back they all looked like they were on death's doorstep and apparently their feet were not quite prepared for the grueling experience. Mike probably got it the worse. He ended up with like 14 blisters. Here's my favorite:

Dad had huge blood blisters on both his heels

And although Taylor's don't look that bad, by the next day these areas of missing skin had turned into multiple oozing blood blisters.

So mom made cookies to make everyone feel better

Thanks mom and dad for planning such a fun week for us, everyone had a great time.

25 comments:

Lonna said...

First I want to say how do you look so good in all of your pictures? Do you have some kind of a modeling background? Uh even in a swim suit!! And I love your hair.

Moving on, I looks like a great time was had by all, and what an exciting event that everyone was able to be there at the same time.

Its crazy how big everyone's kids are getting. I swear that all those girls just had babies, I am glad that you got to meet Henry, he looks so darling. What a little doll, I love the lounging in the sink picture.

OUCH!! Those blisters look really bad, note to self never make that hike! Ever! I love your pictures they are great.

Melissa Rees said...

YOU feel like I've been preggers forever?! Ha ha. It does seem like a long time. I have exactly 2 months left and it feels like an eternity! My sis-in-law says it will go by really fast but I don't believe her! This heat has been really hard on me. I feel like I'm back in Phoenix!

Becca said...

Sweet photos Crystal! It was so fun to see everyone. I bet it was awesome to be together with everyone. Can't wait for the family reunion....

shauni said...

Yeah!! I love your account of our wonderful trip! I am hoping to get up enough motivation to post the rest of my pictures this week- I just don't even know where to start! It was so fun to see you guys, we seriously had a BLAST. I'm so glad you got a picture of Chelsey in her "head scarf" and I'm glad we missed all the blisters on Saturday (not that I would have been hiking anyways but still...) Thanks for the great post.

Susan said...

I have been checking everyday this week to see who would be first to tell of our fantastic week!! It was so much fun to have everybody here--I can't tell you all how much we miss you and how much we loved our family week. Thanks to everybody for making it work to be here at the same time--we love you all!!! These pictures are priceless--and I can't wait for Chelsey to see the scarf head shot--it'll be great. I have the best family--thanks to you all

Alisha said...

It was so good to see you, too bad we missed Taylor. Hopefully we will see you in Nashville. Thanks for watching Ellie!

Steven and Megan said...

I've never seen a picture where little megan is smiling. I love the one you captured :)

Monica said...

Can I be adopted into your family? Seriously-what fun! But those blisters were pretty gross-I hate blisters.
I heard that flowrider was pretty hard, but I would love to try it. I would probably get a mouthful of water.
I didn't even realized you had so many brothers? Any of them turn into dentists? You should also start contributing to the grandchildren... I bet your kids would appreciate some cousins their same age!!! :) You know I love you!!!!
Okay, so I just read Melissa Ree's comment and I had no idea she was prego! See what I mean??!!! :)

Erica said...

Oh I'm so jealous! A week off of work to spend with your family?

- Don't worry about baby Drew drinking coke...Michael did it at that age. As did Chelsea...so it's ok right?
-I love the blister pictures, it grosses me out(you know how I am with feet) but the fact you put that many on made me laugh!
-Your mom is sweet. She always knows how to throw a wicked party. The hawaiian one on the boat, the bbq, etc...when do I get to be invited? And those cookies look delightful!

Again, super jealous you got to be with all the little ones. I don't think I'll get to see baby Lillian for a really long time! Baby Henry looks so cute, the bath picture with his big ol' belly, which I'm sure is tiny cause as you said he's super tiny. Just jealous!

cheeks said...

Oh MY! What a fun week! I don't think i've ever seen a pic of your brother mike?! You guys have such a fun family! Your parents yard is fabulous....blow-up toys and all! What a cute mom you have! Your sis is funny....how do you go boating and look so cute? TEll her she can't be too high-maint. for kolby though. I don't let him date high-maint girls! ha ha ha So, yeah, i've heard all about this "top of the world" place! Way fun hangout....all i know is it involves a mountainous drive and a sofa in the bed of his truck! haha

PS, love your swimsuit! You're a babe! And SOOOO brave to do that surf thing in front of that huge window and lots of spectators...i don't think i could do it! Glad you had so much fun....aren't families just the best?!

Emily said...

I am loving the bangs!!! Actually I am loving the whole hair style!! You look so dang cute!! When did you do that?? I want bangs so bad but I am to much of a baby to do it....you just might have convinced me!! Looks like a fun vacation...family is the funnest!

April said...

You guys sure know how to throw a giant week of partying. First of all, I must comment on the blow-up toys at the BBQ...how fun is that?! The kids must have LOVED it! How was the Flowrider? It always looks so hard, so I believe you when you say it was. I doubt I'll ever get up the courage to do it...Embarrassment would surely follow. Those blister pictures are nasty. I don't think I've ever seen a bliser like that first one...ew even thinking about it makes me cringe. I'm glad you had the opportunity to spend some togetherness time with everyone in town :)

Sammy said...

Oh my word! Looks like you guys had a great week! that looks so fun, I'm totally jealous about boating! Boating is probably my all time favorite thing to do, and i really don't know anyone that has one, so i never get to go but i love it! Good old pineview!

Ok thats awesome that you did flowrider! I've always wanted to try it, but... a girl (about 13 yrs old) in my parents ward did it a couple weeks ago, her toe next to her big toe got stuck in the grates at the back and the waves kept pushing her so it totally broke her toe almost off and her skin was off her toe, her bone was just totally bare and crushed! luckily her dad is an orthopedic surgeon and took care of her quickly. But the kicker is she had just qualified for nationals (runnining) and now she can't go!
anyway, sorry about that tangent, makes me hurt thinking about it!

I can't believe those blisters! ouch! that is to funny though, sounds like you all had a great time, i bet it was great to get everyone together.

Sammy said...

PS all the kids are adorable ESPECIALLY Henry! oh he's so sweet and little! just a cutie!

Melissa said...

Ahhh...I want to be part of the Frost family reunion!

Starting a baby out on Coke...totally a Wolthuis thing...it's going to put me into panic mode the first time I see it!

You're so brave to do the whole Flow Rider...esp with an audience! We had a friend that almost got paralyzed there...but he signed the waver...so Flow Rider wasn't liable for anything. It was pretty scary. Glad you all had a fun time!

Your mom is the best! I love the picture of her and the fresh 200 cookies she baked for the family! How cute! What a fun family!

AND (i'm sure I'll think of more to say...but) YOU ARE SO FREAKIN BEAUTIFUL! Crystal! How do you always look so cute! It kills me! You're just the same in pictures as you are in real life! Incredible! We really are due to get together sometime! I need an non-blog update!

April said...

I take comfort in knowing that you know how I feel about the picture taking thing, but I'm not going to tell Colby because it will just add fuel to fire...it's good to know that someone understands my trouble though. :)

Carolee said...

It was a FUN week!! Your pictures are awesome! Of course, my favorite is Chelsey in the scarf......followed by my baby drinking coke! YES IT WAS EMPTY for all you wondering out there what kind of mom gives her baby coke....besides it was Grandpa who gave it to him. Maybe we can cash that picture in for some advertising $$$$ (hee,hee). I am glad we got to spend so much time together even if "Taydor" (as Ike says) had to miss some!!! You are the best!!

Becka and Bennett said...

Crystal random comment... take a picture of your curtains and email them to me! I cant remember what you did but I remember that I thought it looked really cute. I am still trying to figure out what to do between curtains and blinds. Good to talk to ya the other night. Talk to ya soon

BreAnna said...

Your family is so awesome, I can't believe everyone's scheduled worked, what are the odds of that! Those blisters are TERRIBLE, I hope they used the cookies as heating pads :o) I love it, the 9th weel, I think after 6 or so you are just a big rig anyway, so no need to feel like the odd one out :o) Your hair is always fantastic by the way, I dont know how you always manage to look like you just came home from the salon. And VERY nice gums in that close up, they make even a hygienist envy. Great pictures! Oh ya, and that is a fantasic back yard! I want to bounce in the bounce house (I am sure I exceed the weight limit, but maybe my right leg could enjoy itself while the rest of my body hangs outside?)

Mike and Kim said...

I just went through your blog and scavenged a bunch of pictures since I apparently didn't take very many. Good work.

By the way, it's Bataan Death March. Edumacate yourself.

Melissa said...

Hey...I was just thinking that I needed a trip to MAC. We just need to shop then eat...it usually screws us up to eat first from past experiences. I'm available anytime. We need to get together and get up to date....

BreAnna said...

I have to agree, super nerds are just so much fun, and the nerdiness is just so endearing! I always laugh when I think about that picture of Taylor taping all those huge printoffs, when he was printing things LIFESIZE, when I saw that I thought "well super nerds sure keep life interesting!"

Melissa Rees said...

Hey tell Melissa W to invite me to her blog. She posted on mine but hers is private. I'm totally not a stalker, just wanna see what's up with her. My email is melissacrees@gmail.com

The Sayamas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sayamas said...

Wow, what a fun week. I never even knew how many siblings you have, so now I know :) You guys did a lot of fun things, I especially like the picture in front of the Ogden Temple seeing how our first apartment as newlyweds is right behind you guys! Were you able to stay up on the Flowrider? I've never done it but I am not very coordinated so I doubt I could even get up, Rory's pretty good at it, though! I really love your hair by the way! Hope all is going well, I haven't seen you forever!