Taylor and I are lucky enough that we get to do some traveling this summer (although not together). Taylor has a brother in medical school who is doing a month-long international rotation in Peru, so at the end of May Taylor is flying down to meet Bennett for the last 10 days of his rotation. For the first part of the trip they are going to be in the jungle and traveling down the Amazon to distribute medicine to people in rural communities. After that, they are going to do some backpacking and of course visit the ever famous Machu Picchu. I am dying to go with him but can't take more time off since I am going to Mexico for 10 days at the end of June on a humanitarian trip. For as long as I can remember I've always wanted to do humanitarian service in third world countries, so I decided that this was the year to do it since I am graduated from school and can now offer some skills, we have a little extra money and we don't have any kids. My dad and I will be providing dental services for the missionaries at the MTC and for shelter kids right in the heart of Mexcio City.
Taylor had to get his Yellow Fever vaccination

We really liked the Scooby Doo band-aid

On a totally unrelated topic, this day marks the kick-off of my birthday month. Thanks to Kim's adivce I will be celebrating it all month long; best wishes and gifts are welcome. I got my birthday present a little early this year, I saw it at Pier 1 and could not pass it up especially since it was the last one. A new bedspread and shams!!! HOORAY!! I have been using the same bedspread since I was a junior in high school so it was definitely time to replace it, especially because it was initially white and now, despite my best efforts to bleach it, has turned a dingy gray color.

7 comments:
I am so very excited for you to embark on the world travels. James and I have done humanitarian work in Mexico as well. You will really enjoy it, and you will also have a new love and appreciation for all the things that you have. I also love the new bedding. I think that it looks great. Ahhh Pier 1, it has made its contribution to Logan yet again. Congrats on the Birthday, what day is it?
Crystal!! I love the bedspread!! And...I will be thinking about you all birthday-month long! ha ha ha
My passport made it, so I leave for Mexico thursday morning...granted, it's not ten days, but i'm sure it will be interesting and unforgettable. I'm so behind on my blog, but i will for sure take pics and post when i'm home!
I love the new bedspread! It is so you. Good luck on all the travels, when are you guys leaving? That will be a great experience. By the way, happy birthday month.
Your trips sound so fun. Is Taylor going to be gone for your birthday? And I love the new bed spread.
To Lonna and Alisha: My birthday is May 24 and yes, Taylor will be gone :( He is leaving the 19th and coming back on the 30th. I'm sad he won't be here, but more excited for him to go on a once-in-a-lifetime trip.
Wait a second, isn't Mike's Birthday on the 23rd? That is pretty fun, I think that you should take a little trip out here and then we will really have a celebration. I am excited for you to start your birthday-month. I know that it will be a great one.
I MISS YOU!!!!!! BTW, it's Melissa Rees. Look at you and your blog! I can't believe that you and half of our class still blog. I love it! What a good way to keep everybody updated with your life.. I was very sad to read about your hair, but it make me laugh remembering you and your perfect/always changing hair. I also didn't know about you and your weak ankles!! How sad for you, but also a perfect excuse to never, ever exercise again. Things are good here in Phoenix. It's already 95-100 degrees. I am getting pretty homesick, but Maria visits alot, so that's good. Hope all is well with you and Taylor in Logan!! Can you believe it's been a whole year since graduation!! Talk to you later.
Post a Comment