Wednesday, January 24, 2018

May 2015

Some of our favorite Oberg ladies came out for a visit, 
so we showed them a good time 
by hitting up the Cinco De Mayo festival downtown.

 


 The girls and I survived our first tornado warning, 
which consisted of spending 5 minutes in the basement.  
It was actually kind of exciting 
and touched down relatively close to our house.  

I received a special delivery from Utah, 
which could not have been received with more excitement and tears.  
A Dad always knows the way to his daughter's heart.   
  
Speaking of knowing the way to my heart, 
breakfast and a clean kitchen could not have been a better Mother's Day gift.
 




We continued our adventures with potty (poop) training Nora.  

Instagram:
'Toilet training this kid has been a long nightmare.  I thought we had finally turned a corner, but 17 pounds of poop in her undies today proved me wrong.  It was rough.  There may have been some tears and barfing involved (on my part), but I couldn't really stay mad when she asked me "do you still love me, Mom?" with this face.  
#constipationsucks #poopproblems #thoughtweweredonewithpullups'  

 Fun Aunt Chelsey came to visit,
so of course we had to take her shopping on 16th street 
and to see the Rockies play.

Instagram:
"It's not so much about baseball, as it is about the nachos, free fedora and cotton candy.  
#workbaseballgame #gootimes #evenforHazel"

  

Nora got her first "real"haircut
(Let's try to forget about that PageBoy haircut I gave her),

 and looked completely adorable.

Hazel graduated from Kindergarten and made me cry.

Instagram: 
"Well hello there, you little kindy grad, you!" 
#wantstobeateacher #lovesart #fabulousreader #countsto100 #addandsubtract" 

 We spent some time with our Lone Tree cousins at the Cherry Creek Mall,

 Played in the rain in our princess dress-ups,
 

Celebrated my 31st birthday, 

 And enjoyed a very pregnant Memorial Day weekend
with Erik and Sammy
playing at the park, 
eating sub sandwiches, 
and shooting off rockets.