Friday, September 05, 2014

July is a Month For Partying

 In our usual fashion,
we partied hard in July.

We started off with our first (hopefully annual) Cousins' Day
filled with crafts and science projects for the kids
(Thank you Shauni).

 



Next came water day,



then the 
Second Annual FrOlympics,
 
 
 

followed up by the 4th of July festivities,
which included: 
insanely delicious liege waffles at the Frost house,
 

Liberty Days with the Obergs,
  
face painting,


caterpillar rides
(that eventually tipped over on my children 
thanks to the ass clowns in the back.  
So grateful the girls weren't more hurt,
and even more grateful 
that they got back on and rode again 
so they hopefully aren't scarred for life),


Taylor's killer BBQ,

Violet's birthday celebration,
  

dancing with grandma,

and fireworks.

 

We couldn't stop the fun with the 4th,
so we hiked to the waterfall in North Fork Park,
 
 
 

 

we rocked the redneck waterslide
(Sammy!! hahaha),
 

and we enjoyed some pretty eventful fireworks at home.

We took our party back up to Logan,
where the girls and I 
hit up the Main Street Sidewalk sale,


Hazel graduated from the online 
Upstart Preschool Program,
  
I spent three glorious days at Girls' Camp
and had one of the best times of my life,

I started Whole30 and almost died,
 especially when Taylor made homemade oreo icecream 
four days into it.

I finally hiked the Wind Caves,

and Hazel got a wicked ingrown toenail,
thanks to a shoe-less crash on her scooter.

We celebrated Pioneer Day by 4-wheeling,

picking raspberries,
 and bonfiring,
(where you can not see 
that I was actually 
roasting a piece of pineapple 
and not enjoying a s'more like everyone else.... 
curse you Whole30),

My parents occupied the kiddos
so that we could help my brother and his wife 
pack up for their big move to Norway,
 
where we consequently ended up with about 3/4 of the stuff they were getting rid of
(including a Mini Van!  Boo yeah!),


and last, 
but certainly not least,
Hazel lost her first tooth
(I was fully unprepared for this next stage of childhood
and may have shed a few tears when I first realized it was loose).

No comments: