Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My New Year Letter

Dear Family and Friends:
Blogger screwed me over a couple of months ago,
making it impossible to post. 
So, for the past two months, 
amongst all of the crazy holiday festivities, 
I have tried to come up with a solution to rectify my problem.... 
and I think I did.  

Anyway,
I will now try to update everyone on our lives for the last couple of months 
in Christmas-letter fashion
(since I failed even coming close to sending a real one out). 

The Girls:
They continue to make me laugh daily.  
(like today, 
when Hazel said 
"Mom, I literally do not like this dinner".)

Seeing them interact with each other 
makes me want to have a million babies 
(or maybe just three)...  
Seriously though, 
it's so cute to see 
the special smiles they reserve for each other. 
Hazel can pretty much always make Nora smile 
and/or giggle
and I love that Hazel will do the same thing 
over and over and over AND OVER again 
to get said smile/giggle.



Hazel:
Is adorable.  
For reals, 
look at that face.  
She has such a good, little heart.  
When she found out that we weren't going to use our Christmas money for the "christmas couch" 
(christmas couch = regular couch bought with christmas money) 
that I've been planning on for about a year, 
she told me that she would buy my couch for me 
with all of her money that she's saved.  
Every time she puts a coin in her jar, 
she makes sure to tell me that she has more money 
for me to use on my couch.  
               Sweetest little girl ever!                                

She is now interested in playing dress-up.  
She probably wore this ballerina outfit for a week straight.  
No qualms here. 
Is that not the cutest damn curtsy you've ever seen?! 

And, 
as of January, 
she is officially a Sunbeam.  
She LOVES Sunbeams 
and can't wait until the Primary Program 
so she can speak in to the microphone.
She's a ball of sunshine
and makes me wonder how I got so lucky to have her .  


Nora:
Started baby food when she was about 4 months, 
but I really dragged my feet on this issue 
until she was more like 5 1/2 months.  
In my mind solid food = "big" baby 
and I still thought (think) of her as my "little" baby.
Thankfully, I picked up the baby food pace.
And at 6 months she has now doubled her birthweight 
and my "big" (little) baby is a whopping 14 pounds.

She found her toes at about 4 months
and fell in love with them
or anybody's toes, for that matter.

She also found her thumb.  
Hazel was a big thumb sucker 
and started when she was a month old.  
When one month came and went and Nora wasn't interested in sucking on anything, 
Taylor went in to damage control mode and literally tried to "teach" her how... hahah. 
 His lessons didn't quite work, 
but she did find her thumb at 3 months on her own 
and hasn't stopped sucking it since.




It took Nora a while to figure out how to sit up

but by 6 1/2 months, she is a champ!
She's also decided that her stomach 
isn't such a bad place to be
and has started steam rolling all over the place.  


She's always full of smiles (for mommy) 
and we're so in love with everything about her 
(especially those chubby cheeks).



 Taylor:
Continues to work on his dissertation
(and his hair growth).
He assures me that it will be done in time for graduation in the spring,
but is planning on defending sometime in the next month (ish)...

Crystal:
Is a proud new owner of an iphone 5!  
I know, welcome to this century, right?  
I am actually wondering how I ever survived so long without one.  
I also am still trying to figure out how to balance a life of kids, house-work, exercising, cooking, making baby food, blogging, managing finances, working, keeping up friendships, etc.... 
I have really great intentions, but forgive me if I'm not on top of things yet. 

So there was our last two months in a nut-shell.  
Stayed tuned for some catch-up on the missed holidays

(actually, 
because I'm really just trying to document them 
for my 2012 blog book,
don't worry about reading those posts. 
Because, 
isn't it kind of the worst, 
reading about someone else's Thanksgiving/Christmas 
in January?)

Cheers to a new year!
Boo-yeah 2013




5 comments:

paige and jord said...

crystal! if you would have told me that your baby was two months, i would have believed you. but 7? (or almost?) what the. how does time go by so fast. and that sweet little hazel. they are just too cute for words! (im totally baby hungry). sounds like you guys are doing well- tell taylor hi for us.

Ostler said...

Your hair is SO LONG!!! AH!!! How have I not seen you for that long?!? Ridiculous. I love your babies. Tell them I said so. And Mr. Mac and Nora need to meet each other. And Penelope just told me she wants to play with Hazel so bad. And bring her pillow pet and polar bear polar bear- because those are the things she associates with Crystal, Taylor, and Hazel. (and now miss nora of course.) Anyway, I miss you so much!!! Your family is the best. And do you remember that episode of the office where Jim is teasing that everything needs to be classy? And so he wears a tux to work, and tells Dwight all his ideas aren't classy enough? Anyway... those pics of Taylor at the end totally screamed, "Classy!" in my head. With his perfectly groomed locks. Ha! Miss you guys!!! Hope to see you soon. E is about to start some CAAARRRAAAZY Peds rotations within this month. I'm gonna need some Lo-town time. So we'll keep an eye on the weather and come and party!! Love you!!

Melissa Rees said...

The cuteness of your girls is killing me! Wish I was having one...

April said...

Your girls are just the cutest! I'm sorry about your blogging woes. Blogger has been a pain to work with lately. Hope you continue to enjoy your iphone :)

Steven and Megan said...

Crystal, you are so beautiful and I love your long hair! Your family is just so cute and perfect :)