Tuesday, November 01, 2011

You know it's Halloween when...

...you go to the Pumpkin Walk,

and take pictures in wooden cut-outs
(how do these cut-outs correlate with the pumpkin walk?  
I have no idea, 
but they were a real hit with the kids).

You know it's Halloween when you: 
attend a Grandma Oberg Halloween Parade,

AND a Grandma Frost pumpkin carving night.
  

You know it's Halloween when:
you can go in costume to the ward party.
 

Halloween definitely wouldn't be Halloween without:
homemade donuts. 
 

And last, but not least, 
what's the entire month of October 
without some trick-or-treating?
(Last year it was raining, 
in addition to the fact that Hazel was a little young 
to appreciate the gravity of the situation;
but this year, 
she fully understood that knocking on doors, 
meant a bag full of candy)
 
Goodbye October,
I'm kind of Halloween-ed out anyway.
Here's to Thanksgiving
The best holiday of the year!

14 comments:

Erica said...

Oh my sweet Hazel. I love here posing in her costume. I love the pumpkin walk! I'm glad you finally went. Best free Halloween event for me.

Melissa Rees said...

Love her cute poses!! And your hair is getting so long!! Your comment on my blog made me laugh, ha ha ha. Glad I'm not the only mom taking their kids candy!

Sammy said...

She is seriously the cutest black cat ever! We did have quite the month, full of halloween activities, so fun. I'm with you, bring on Thanksgiving! especially now that I'm about 80% sure we'll still be around for it. Hopefully Hazel got a good stash of candy trick-or-treating!

Lonna said...

Love the little cat ears, and the tail, so cute. Your bangs are really cute, I love that you switch up your hair, it makes me wish I was a little more daring in that department.

You guys really did do a lot of fun Halloween stuff, no wonder you are ready for the next event. So how many Thanksgiving dinners will you be attending/making this year?

Susan said...

Oh Halloween is so fun!!! What a great time we had--Hazel's little face sticking through that cut out makes me laugh!--and her pose--where did she learn that!!?? She is so funny. Love, love Thanksgiving though--can't wait even though you and I will celebrate a little early...

Mary Ann said...

What a sweet cat! I love her costume. Halloween has got to be so fun with you! ha ha ha so creative and such good traditions. Love it!

Er and Bry said...

Oh Crystal! You have the cutest little family! And you look gorgeous as usual :)

cheeks said...

cutest little kitty cat ever!!! i'll have to show these pics to E, she'll love em! they are at the best age for stuff like this!!! ....i'm totally with ya....bring on thanksgiving, and all the yumminess that comes with it!

Steven and Megan said...

Hazel looks so cute in her costume :) I'm glad you guys had a fun Halloween!

shauni said...

You guys did have a busy month! I love your haircut, and Hazel's haircut... especially the little ringlets. She is a darling black cat. Your homemade doughnuts look delicious.

April said...

Look at Miss Hazel strut her stuff in that cute cat costume. She sure knows how to pose for pictures. I also love that she is holding up her carved pumpkin in front of her face just like everyone else at Grandma Frost's. Halloween is so much more fun with little ones. P.S. I would really love to find out what your recipe is for doughnuts. They look delish.

Also P.S. Good guess on the song, but it's actually a Helio Sequence song...I'm sure you've heard of them, but if not, check them out. They are great!

hoLLY said...

oh my goodness...hazel is the cutiest little kitty!!! she is lloking so much older to me lately! love her! looks like so much fun but im with ya on moving to the next holiday for sure!! haha

Melissa said...

So many cute pictures! I had so much to catch up on!! Hazel is so silly! I love all of her poses! Her hair is so cute all curled! It must be getting so long! I love her cat costume - so creative! Sounds like you did a lot of fun Halloween festivites! It seems like 2 years old is such a perfect age for Halloween! Hazel is so cute!

Mike and Kim said...

We want your homemade donut recipe. Hazel is ridiculously cute in her cat costume. I love that she likes candy corn so much that she was a candy corn witch before, and now a candy corn cat. Brianna looks so much like a Frost girl.