Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Birthday Week in Review

Hazel and I have been in Iowa for the past week.  We left immediately after the bithday party which is why I'm just now getting around to posting the pictures.

So here we go, a birthday week in review:

Firehouse Pizza=Taylor's birthday dinner
 
Duck theme birthday party=Incredibly cute, although it also meant that I had to spend a long time decorating the cakes.
The birthday kids=mandatory ribbons
opening presents=instant happiness
Something that requires assembly=a happy little helper
a big red wagon=LOVE 
party guests=a squishy townhome
birthday cake time=delicious!


a full day of partying=tired birthday kids

21 comments:

Ostler said...

Oh Crystal. I'm so glad you're home! Those pictures are so cute! I seriously thought the cake was sooo darling. It looks like Birthday time was great at the Oberg's this year!!! :)

SHELLYFINCH said...

The cake was to die for! So creative! Happy birthday week for you guys! So much fun!

Mike and Kim said...

Sweet wagon, you're going to enjoy it. Jones soda is good. I'm pretty sure Taylor wears that No Name Restaurant shirt in 3 out of 4 posts. We have that same cake holder -- why? All kids like sunglasses, they instantly know that they are cool enhancers.

cheeks said...

oh i hope you had a great time in iowa!

I'm so glad to finally see these pics! CRYSTAL! you totally outdid yourself! the party looks like it was a hit! chicken salad and everything! you for sure know how to rock a party :) the cake and cupcakes are soo soo adorable! you totally put my lame duck cake to shame! ha ha! hazel is so hilarious diggin right in to that cupcake! she knows whats up! ha ha! great video! love all the pics! babes in sunglasses are so cute! she's very hip! hope you're doing great! lets ichat soon!

Sandy said...

I wanted to tell you when I saw you at church in primary that you look fantastic since I don't see you much anymore. Those insanity workouts must be awesome.

Carolee said...

Great party, sad that we missed it!! We loved the picture of Hazel you sent us (by the way).

Wagons are great fun. We still use ours...in fact, I just used it when I took the boys to touch-a-truck.

Love the video of Hazel diggin in on the cake...my kind of girl!

Chelsea said...

i love that theme! and the cakes turned out so cute! boston's first birthday is still a little bit away but i'm already trying to plan what to do (and have like zero ideas, haha). you guys are such a cute family!

Melissa Rees said...

Glad she liked her cake! Deacon wasn't a fan. And how cool are you for making it?! I went to good old Smiths and picked one up :)

Frost Family said...

Hey!! How come we weren't invited!? You know how much i love cupcakes!

Frost Family said...

I love bugs in the background of the video laughing hysterically!!

Sammy said...

That was quite the birthday week! That party was adorable, it was so fun to watch her open all her presents and squoosh that cupcake into her FACE! I loved it.

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness Crystal...I've been waiting for this post! You are the best mom! You are such a party planner! You need to come organize Parkers party... The table looked fantastic and I LOVED LOVED LOVED your cupcakes and cake. The blue frosting and white 'bubbles' were great! The totally look like you bought them! And Hazel digging into her cupcake...what a girl! She's so cute!

Her wagon looks like so much fun! Can we put Parker in there with Hazel and take them for a ride...cute!!

Hope everything went smooth in your travels to Iowa. Can't wait to hear all about Hazel's appointment...

Lonna said...

What a perfect party, it is a good thing that you documented it so well, because when she is older she is going to have some serious bragging rights to what her 1st birthday party looked like compared to all the rest.

You are such a great and creative mom, those cupcakes and the cake looked so amazing. I am proud to say that I know you and your skills.

Loved the video of her chowing down, I think that my kids have asked me to watch her talking video pretty much everyday, so we do. She is so darling. I love birthdays.

Donene said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! What a fun party and your cake was just adorable! Happy Birthday sweet Hazel!

The Shaws said...

You look so great! How fun, I can't believe she is one! So cute and it looks like you had a blast.

Steven and Megan said...

Oh i love the cakes you made :) so cute! I'm happy you guys had a good birthday week!

April said...

First thing, Crystal you look so pretty in your pictures. Such a babe. Second, you are so freaking talented I want to cry. Your cake, it's just too cute for words. Third, a very happy birthday (again) to Taylor and Hazel. It looks like they had good ones.

Jed and Kera said...

Cute party idea!! you are so cute! miss you guys!!

Erica said...

Wow, I've been mia from the google reader...I have 248 to go through. Thankfully this was the top of the list. Crystal, your baby is a year old!!!! I love the duck theme. Awww...Happy Birthday to Hazel! Makes me want a cupcake....

hoLLY said...

What an adorable party! Love the cake & cupcakes! how you guys had fun in Iowa!!
ps you look great!

rupee40 said...

Those cupcakes are so cute! Seriously can't believe she is one! Im glad she liked her cake, Gavin didn't eat one bite of his first birthday cake. Now we know he has to have chocolate cake or it's just not worth it to him.
Sounds like you had fun in Ohio, love the matching outfits on the two babies! I always wish I had someone to match to Gavin. So fun.