Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 6

Hazel had her first marker incident last week.

I was in the middle of making a baby shower card for a friend when this little devil walks up to me and starts grabbing at my markers. I repeatedly tried to fend her off but finally decided to just give her one to play with.

No harm in that right?

There's no way that Hazel could get the lid off right?

Wrong!

Luckily for me, at the last second I switched out the blue marker, for a yellow one, on the very off chance that she could somehow wrangle the lid off.

A few moments of peace later and I hold up my finished card, only to see this piece of work standing in front of me:

(no, they weren't "washable")






Luckily, I got most of it off of her face, just in time for her pictures the next day.

8 comments:

cheeks said...

hilarious! they can get into so much mischief in just a few short seconds! blue would have been bad....green would have been worse! ha ha!

SHELLYFINCH said...

Just wait till its not her face and its your walls! LOL Thank goodness for magic eraser or i would have one colorful house! Little Hazel is learning so fast, I'm loving your post!

Erica said...

I would never in a million years trust a little baby with a marker. I'm too paranoid. I had these devilish little brothers to ruin that for me!

April said...

I'm glad you switched out blue for yellow too. :)

Mary Ann said...

Ha ha ha what a genius child! She is so amazing! I love it! Glad it was not brown ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Just had to laugh! So funny and cute, what our little trouble makers get into!

Melissa said...

what a trouble maker! It doesn't take long... Glad you switched it out for yellow - would have been harder to get a darker color off for her pictures! I guess that the lesson I am learning is that if it is quiet...there is trouble brewing! ahhh..

hoLLY said...

ha ! oh my goodness that is too funny! I love it when they get into stuff! Trae is obsessed with my makeup! ha she is too cute!