Friday, October 02, 2009

Surprise!

It was Taylor's mom's 50th birthday so Karli and I put together a little surprise dinner at the Sonora Grill. Lynette said that she didn't want to make a big deal out of her birthday, but Karli and I decided she deserved a little recognition. Judging by all the smiles in her pictures, I think she enjoyed herself.
Whatever Grandma wants, grandma gets... especially on her b-day.
I had to take a picture of this guy smoking a pipe. It's definitely a lost art; I mean seriously, how often do you see pipe-smokers now days? Plus, in his rain slicker and hat, I almost felt like he should have the title of "cap'n" and be heading back to sea.
Anyway, back to the party...
And of course, Hazel was working the table.
I didn't hold her once the whole dinner, which was a nice break.
However, I should have monitored things a little more closely. I looked down the table to see good ol' uncle Jay feeding Hazel birthday cake... We haven't quite worked up to chocolate or cake on our baby food regimen. However, it looks like she'll be just fine with it when we get there, hahaha.

And, of course I have to mention that it was my baby's six month birthday last week. Holy smokes, I can't believe I've had her for half of a year. I still feel like I'm a new mama and she's my new baby.
Her stats were:
Weight: 14 lbs 12 oz- 25%
Length: 25 3/4 inches- 50%
Head: 17.4 inces- 92%
At least she makes up for her tiny body with her giant head.
Love you baby girl and happy 50th Lynette!

14 comments:

Sammy said...

That was a delicious party I love sanora grill. I can't believe that lynette is 50, she doesn't look 50 AT ALL, crazy, she's so beautiful and young! thanks for cropping me out of those pictures by the way! that cake i slaved over for hours looks pretty de-lish in that photo if i do say so myself...

cheeks said...

what a great surprise! i've never been to sonora grill...where is it?? the cake looks great too....although, doesn't uncle know that 6 month olds aren't supposed to be eating that stuff yet?? :)

i'm totally cracking up that you took a picture of the pipe smoker....i don't know if i've ever actually seen someone smoke a pipe! funny!

it was so fun to catch up with you yesterday....it's been way too long! little hazels outfits are so cute....i love that brown polkadot one! she's so tiny! sounds like she'll have big brains though! ha ah!

Jed and Kera said...

What a fun time! So cute! I love the scheduled break from the party to enjoy the man! lol :O) I just love Hazel and think Hazel Jane Butler sounds perfect. You'll have to tell her that she can't get married until 21 or older... Then Elder Butler will be home and sweep her off her feet. :O) My poor son, already trying to marrying him off. I loved that your family let her taste cake... My Grandpa keeps trying to feed Dalton mashed potatoes. He tells me they are way better tasting than baby food. Anywho miss you guys and I am SO glad Hazel is on board already with the whole setting them up thing (with her squealing at the D man's pictures!

SHELLYFINCH said...

Six months already! I can't believe how fast time goes! She's too cute!

Donene said...

Happy Birthday Lynette!

Hanberg's said...

you had me wondering for a second if you were prego again...no more blog posts titled 'surprise'!! :)

Erica said...

I'm impressed you put together a surprise party for your mother in law. Good job! I've never heard of this Sanora place. It looked fantastic! Hazel will be a smart girl with all that brains in that head...At least she doesn't look like an orange on a toothpick.

Erin said...

It's a good thing Haz has all that hair to hide the hugeness of her head...;). Stats, schmatz, her head totally looks proportionate. And even if she 'technically' still has a huge head by the time she gets married to Asher then her veil will make it so you can't even notice. :) Miss you and that stinkin' beautiful time of year you're having! Btw, you still owe me a phone call, remember? It's ok, I know you have a tendency to forget that sort of thing ;).

Anonymous said...

That looked like a fun party. Happy Birthday Lynette.

Mike and Kim said...

-- William! Move your head! Look at the size of that boy’s head.
-- Shhh
-- I’m no kiddin’, it’s like an orange on a toothpick.
-- You’re gonna give the boy a complex.
-- Well thats a huge noggin! That’s a virtual planetoid! Has it’s own weather system! Head! Move!

Just kidding, little ghost.

April said...

Happy Birthday to Taylor's mom! The Big 50! Wow, she looks great :) Your baby is just too cute. I'm glad that my baby isn't the only one whose head is bigger then her body.

shauni said...

What a fun party! And it's always nice to have dinner without a little child interupting! Hazel looks as cute as can be, and she looks like she loves that cake! I can't believe she is already 6 months old!

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

Fun party! I'm glad Hazel liked cake cause my Nephew will never eat it when we have it! Ha Ha!

hoLLY said...

how fun! i love sanora grill!! i cnat believe she is 6 months!!!! time flies ........enjoy every second of it!