Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh the Simple Life

Logan is a recycling city.

When we moved up here, Taylor made garbage cans to sort our recyclables.

Each week I walk our little cans out to the big sorting truck in the parking lot.

One day somebody saw me doing this and reported me to the RA (in a good way)
The RA came to our house and told us that we had won a major award because we were "caught" recycling.
She told me that we would get a free pizza

So we (I) got to sit around and play instead of making dinner
(Yes, I know my roots are grown out like 3 inches; I'm doing it on purpose. I'm going au natural)
After playing, we sat down to a free, piping hot, delivered to our door with a smile, pizza.
Thank you RA
Thank you whoever "caught" me recylcing.
Thank you Logan City for being a recycling city.
And thank you Little Ceasars for simplifying our life for a day.

12 comments:

Erica said...

Oh Crystal, you make me laugh. I was told the other day by your "twin" that I hate the environment...? I recycle just like the next Joe Schmoe!!! I'm not sorting it by any means and I do miss the occasional item. But I'm glad you got the night off. Sad for Daren, I get every night off as a personal choice.

Melissa Rees said...

We used to be so good at that! Now, not so much. Is it weird that I am beyond stoked that they opened a Little Caesers by my house? Pregnancy cravings, I guess!

Melissa said...

Thats so great! I'm so glad that someone took the time to 'report' you. Am I supposed to be separating the things that I am recycling? Do you have your own bags that you re-use at the grocery store?

You guys look so cute playing with Hazel on your bed. She is such a sweetheart!!

Maria said...

That's so cool! Minneapolis is HUGE on recycling. I'm totally in the habit now. They make it so easy with the bins in every classroom, hallway and dormroom. It's great, but I've never gotten a pizza for it!

April said...

You guys are just so good, and so green. You inspire me to be a little more like you. And free pizza too? Wow, some guys have all the luck :)

SHELLYFINCH said...

UH ~ LUCKY!

Sammy said...

Way to be a good example! I'm glad that we HAVE to pay for recycling so its good when you take advantage of it, I need to be better, I just let it pile up under the sink in the recycle bin for like a month.

THE WOODWORTHS said...

Hazel is getting so big! That is so cute they gave you a free pizza for recycling. I'd probably be better at doing it here if I knew I had a free pizza on the way...Ha Ha! Glad to see you are doing well.

hoLLY said...

ha that is awesome!!! good for you guys!

shauni said...

Yeah! That is awesome. It's always so nice to have a break from making dinner, especially if it's free. Way to go on the recycling. I hate to admit it, but I haven't gotten into it yet. Although, Ammon learned all about recycling at school. I later caught him eating the grass and he claimed he was doing it to "recycle the grass." I'm not so sure he understood the whole Earth day lesson. I would love to get some reuseable grocery bags, but I'm always too cheap to buy them.

cheeks said...

wow! you guys are good! we are guilty of not recycling....i guess i should call to order a bin??? i hear the truck come by every monday morning and pick up my neighbors' recyclables! i love hazels shirt ;) i was sad when E grew out of hers...it was one of my faves!

Donene said...

I wish we had a recycling program. Way to go in saving the environment, I'm glad you got recognized.