Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update

So I know at the end of my last post I promised that I wasn't going to write about baby related items unless Baby actually was here. Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since then and I'm sure the anticipation is killing everyone... ok, really it's killing me and everyone else probably doesn't even think twice about it. But, in case anyone is wondering how things are going here at Oberg Townhome 1146 this will clue you in. I'm due on Saturday and so far there have been no contractions, no effacement, no dilation, no water breaks, nothing... so there you have it. I must be a pretty good incubator because Baby Girl has no desire to come out. The Doctor told me that she would let me go over my due date by one week and if I haven't gone into labor on my own then she will induce me at that point. So I guess the point of the whole story is unless something miraculous happens in the next few days we should probably expect to see this little baby sometime next weekend.

In the big scheme of things, what's another week right??? This is what I tell myself when I can't grab anything with my swollen monster paws that I like to call hands, when my shoes don't fit because my feet are sausage-like, when my hips ache, when I can't breathe while lying down, when I see yet another stretch mark on my body, when my tailbone feels like it's breaking, when I feel like I my face can't possibly handle any more chins, when the numbness in my hands wakes me up on an hourly basis, and when I can't seem to fit into any of my maternity clothes.

In all reality, I feel lucky because I have one more week that I get to carry my sweet baby girl, one more week of feeling her move and hiccup, one more week of having Taylor put his hands on my stomach and smile at me everytime she kicks.

I have another Dr.'s appointment tomorrow morning so if anything changes I'll post an updated update...

23 comments:

The Shaws said...

I can't imagine going over my due date. But at least you're in good spirits. I'm so happy for you and I will continue to check you blog every few hours because I keep hoping to see "SHE IS HERE" Have you decided on a name yet? Good luck with everything! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

Maria said...

You poor thing! I've heard women complain though, after they've given birth, that they miss being pregnant.

Sammy said...

Crystal! I'm so sorry! You MUST be a great incubator, she is going to be a handful i can tell! I'll be at the hospital all week so you'll have to let me know and I can run upstairs if you go before next weekend. We are SO excited to see this new addition to the family. Good luck, i'm so excited for you.

SHELLYFINCH said...

I can't believe how positive you are about STILL being prego. Your my inspiration to have another one. ;-) I'm so sorry your swollen. I gained 16 lbs in my last two weeks, I WAS A FREAKIN HUGE SWOLEEN COW! So, I feel ya pain! Keep us posted! I can't wait to see the new addition! She's goign to be Captial B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Melissa said...

You didn't even post a picture of how cute you look?? JK I hope you have the baby soon, I know how bad it sucks when you really can't do anything but think about how much pain you are in. I hope you have the baby soon! I am so excited to see how adorable she is going to be!

Mike and Kim said...

I'd say that you guys should go to the movies every night until this bundle of joy is born. You should also spend this week:

-sleeping in every day
-taking a shower whenever you want
-sleeping through the night
-going shopping without taking a diaper bag
-listening to your music as loud as you want, whenever you want
-did I already mention sleeping?
-etc.

Melissa Rees said...

Mike made an excellent point: Do all those things and reeeallly enjoy them! Get as much sleep as possible because you won't get any when baby girl arrives! And definetly enjoy going everyehere without lugging the carseat around!

Erica said...

Crystal I have been sitting around waiting for an update, baby update I mean! I'm thankful. I seriously can't believe that it could be up to 2 more weeks. I hope at least Taylor gets to have his own birthday(you know how I feel about birthdays and sharing them with other things...maybe he already does share it with someone...???) I have to say I agree with Mike. Sleep your days away!!! I'm sorry you are uncomfortable but just know, I'm still INCREDIBLY jealous of your current state and it all worth it in the end!

Lonna said...

Nothing quite like feeling like a balloon all the time, but I think that it must be just a little too cold there in Logan for baby girl to want to make an appearance. I think that she might actually be waiting for spring.

Hearing you talk about the fun and amazing things while being pregnant i.e. baby kicking, and moving about, make me feel like I want to do it again, but then I think about what might happen because I would be outnumbered and one arm short for having three, so I guess that I will just live through you and your beautiful baby girl that will show herself soon enough.

And by the way I don't believe a word that you say about chins, and feeling like you can't bend over, HELLO you look amazing!

hoLLY said...

you should have posted a pic of your last couple of days!! yeah that list of what your going thru I can remember it like it was yesterday!! Im so excited for you, but I want to see her. Maybe you should go on a very long walk or have some crazy lovin haha jk!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

The time is near, hurrah. Hang in there and do what Mike said. Enjoy a really nice dinner out, very romantic 'cause it will be awhile until you're ready for that again. Do things for yourself, get pampered! You are about to turn the page to the next GREAT chapter of your lives. You are very lucky.

Unknown said...

Oh, I am sorry, but way to go about having such a good attitude about it!

Alisha said...

I feel your pain! I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little girl.

April said...

You're right, what's another week in the big picture of things? Even though I swear I get onto Google reader everyday thinking that you will have posted new pics of you guys and a darling baby. Sigh. I will continue to wait. Good luck with everything :)

Mary Ann said...

I have been dying to know what is going on in your life. I check your blog everyday in anticipation of an update! So even though it is not the one I want I am grateful for it! Hang in there girl. I have decided officially I am not having children....you girls can do that crazy uncomfortable stuff without me. Good Luck!

The Sayamas said...

HAHA! What Holly said is hilarious! But it works! I'm talking about the walk of course! I went on a long walk with both of my kids and had them both the next day. But I think you have to already sort of be in labor for that to work. But hey, it's worth a try!

rupee40 said...

Oh, my! Good luck these last few days. Im so excited to see pictures of little miss. Hang in there!

cheeks said...

Crystal! You poor thing! I know it's awful at this point...i was there a month ago feeling uncomfortable and "ready" but now it's hard to remember even being pregnant....i know it sounds crazy, but i miss having her kick and hiccup inside (maybe because they're so much easier in there?!?). Oh, i can't wait to meet this sweet little thing! Good luck this week! I'll be waiting for a call...or just a text...once things start happening it's hard to keep everyone informed! Love ya girl(s)!
XOXO
Jami and Baby Emri

cheeks said...

PS...i will totally agree with Mike!

You should go grocery shopping or running to red box on the spur of the moment...or go to a restaraunt and just order dessert....without a baby in tow!

It's amazing how much time it takes to get out of the house these days! It takes me longer to get baby out the door than it does to run my "quick errand!"

Ana Maraea Ngawiki Torgesen said...

I remember praying and crying because i was in so much pain, "I can't do it one more day!" i still had 5 days to go at the time. That morning i woke up went to my appointment and they said your not going home, your blood pressure is to high we are inducing you in a couple of hours.i knew i couldn't do it another day and Heavenly Father knew it too. so shiloah got to come early because of Gods mercy and grace. :)you can do it! Good luck

Erin said...

I can hardly stand it, Crystal!! Thinking about you in your so pregnant state makes me want to cry. But at least I don't think you've had this happen to you: we were at a farewell today and the wife of a guy LeRand works with is due in May. The girl measures big, poor thing, and when I say big, I mean friggin' huge. She was sitting somewhere behind me while I was in line getting some good farewell food and I overheard a girl, prob in her early twenties (old enough to know better) say to this poor girl "Wow, how many are you having?" She answers sweetly,"Just one. I measure big." The twenty-something, already feeling really stupid, tries to save herself by saying, "Man, you must be due any minute," and gets the response, "Actually I have about another month." I cringed for both of them.
Well sweet friend, I'll pray for you to have the strength to get through the week (cough, and the coming weeks, cough). Spend as much time with Taylor as you can because once she's here he may take the backseat in your thoughts for a while, but only because he's old enough to feed and take care of himself, and it isn't too likely you'll need to check on him frequently at night to make sure he's breathing, and you won't be wondering if it's normal that he hasn't pooped yet, or if he's just warm or has a fever and of course it would happen on a Friday night and was that a cold-cough or just a spit-cough or why he eats and then throws it all right back at you and then is hungry again or...you get the idea. These are the moments...I love you!

Donene said...

I dreamed you had your baby last night so I had to check and see if it was true, maybe you will have it this week!!!

Monica said...

Oh Crystal! This seems like it's one of the hardest parts! Hearing you list all your pregnancy symptoms makes me feel so sorry for you! But it seems like you are having the best attitude! I'm so proud of you!!! It will all be so worth it!

I'm sorry I flaked on our little lunch! It just seemed like time went by so fast ( I know... NOT FOR YOU). So... now I will just have to come visit you and your new little baby!!!
I can't wait to hear the news. You better send me a text!