It's been ages since I updated. This is not due to the fact that I'm lacking things to keep me busy; no, no, quite the contrary. The REAL reason I haven't been posting is because I haven't had a second to breath between all of the demanding events in my day-to-day life.
In all honesty, I have not been keeping myself busy accomplishing all of the things on my to-do list; I have been keeping myself busy by stressing over all the things on my to-do list while I find every possible way to procrastinate. I do however, have a really fantastic husband who actually IS getting things done. In recent days he has built two new storage shelves and started going through his mounds and mounds of stuff and organizing/getting rid of much of it. He also, took a whole truck-load of items to the D.I. which included the old pink chair and the 2 ton T.V. So, while I'm sitting around crying about all the stuff I have to do, Taylor is actually getting it done. What a good husband.
Things on my to-do list (in no particular order):
I'm pretty sure I've had the word "Goosefrahbah" constantly running through my head the last two weeks. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Goosefrahbah is a word from the movie Anger Management. Saying the word is supposed to help you keep your cool, or calm down when you're getting agitated. I have no idea if there is an actual history to this word, or if it's just another brain child of Adam Sandler. Either way it's been running through my head...
Goosefrahbah, goosefrahbah, goooooooooosssseeeeefffffrrraaaaahhhhbbbbaaaaaahhhhhh
In all honesty, I have not been keeping myself busy accomplishing all of the things on my to-do list; I have been keeping myself busy by stressing over all the things on my to-do list while I find every possible way to procrastinate. I do however, have a really fantastic husband who actually IS getting things done. In recent days he has built two new storage shelves and started going through his mounds and mounds of stuff and organizing/getting rid of much of it. He also, took a whole truck-load of items to the D.I. which included the old pink chair and the 2 ton T.V. So, while I'm sitting around crying about all the stuff I have to do, Taylor is actually getting it done. What a good husband.
Things on my to-do list (in no particular order):
- Buy a set of drawers for the baby's room
- Pick out a crib
- Re-finish my mom's old rocking chair
- Give my old desk to Dan and Marcie and find a place for all of things that were in that desk
- Find a bunch of organizational shelves and drawers for all of the crap in the computer room
- Turn the computer room into our bedroom and make our old bedroom the nursery
- Read my Breastfeeding book (TMI?)
- Read the Baby Wise book
- Go to my birthing class
- Relief Society duties (this entry could be 10 pages long....enough said)
- See Kimmie, Megan, and Henry
- Help Taylor get ready for the ward activity on Saturday
- Get to the post office for crying out loud!
- Pick out a name for Baby Girl
- Get a wall mount for my guitar that is sitting on the floor and is constantly getting bumped around
- Clean my car
- Find cute items to decorate the nursery without spending an arm and a leg
- Get my oil changed
- Plan a fun Valentine's Day activity
I'm pretty sure I've had the word "Goosefrahbah" constantly running through my head the last two weeks. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Goosefrahbah is a word from the movie Anger Management. Saying the word is supposed to help you keep your cool, or calm down when you're getting agitated. I have no idea if there is an actual history to this word, or if it's just another brain child of Adam Sandler. Either way it's been running through my head...
Goosefrahbah, goosefrahbah, goooooooooosssseeeeefffffrrraaaaahhhhbbbbaaaaaahhhhhh
21 comments:
Don't worry in a few weeks your nesting phase will kick in and it will all be done before you know it.
Taylor finished a project...you were claiming last week that he never would complete something you asked. I wish Daren would help, maybe my shelves will be done soon, we'll see.
I have some ideas for cute nursery things that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, just call me Interior Designer Erica....when you come up from working I'll discuss these things with you. If you need help, let me know...I have nothing but time these days.
Calm down girl! Believe it or not nesting does kick in (as Alisha said) and you'll be amazed at how much you get done. Plus, don't stress about everything being perfect by the time the baby is born. Seriously, she won't remember what her room looked like when she came home from the hospital.
She will sleep ALOT at first and (if you don't have a c-section) you'll be able to do some finishing touches after you bring her home. My kids slept in thier car seats for the first few weeks. Just relax and don't stress.
You can always call me for help with anything. Just email me if you don't have my number.
Crystal,
Sounds like you have quite a load on your plate! That is great that Taylor is helping out a lot, if you would like or need us to Erik and I would be happy to come up and help out! by the sounds of your computer room it sounds just like ours! I feel your pain, except we don't have a baby coming and have any better reason to get rid of the crap than I just want it gone! Good luck, I'm getting so excited for baby to come.
PS I have your baby blankie and other prizes that I didn't have ready for your shower. Next time I see you I'll have to get them to you...
Oh all the stress that comes at the first of the year! It seems everyone wants to start a new year all organized. You'll get it done. You are one creative person Crystal, and I know you will pull through these stressful times with amazing results. That's all of the advice I can give...sorry, it's just optimistic, but not as practical as some of the other posts.
Ahh the good old to do list. One day you will look back and wonder why it was so hard to get that list done BEFORE you had a kid! Plan on getting nothing done when baby girl Oberg arrives! Seriously, buy everything NOW and get it set up NOW! Life comes to a grinding halt when the little one arrives!
Your list is great. I have to say that I am pretty sure that everyone that is expecting a new baby has pretty much the same list. Clean it up, dejunk, organize, and be ready...well the truth is that You really will get it all done.
If I were you the biggest problem on that list would be the name. Yep James and I were the worst at picking out names. I am sure that was the hardest thing for us. we would take a stack of name books out to dinner with us and as we ate we would discuss names from A-Z. Seriously. So good luck with that.
And really don't stress too much about it or you really will be freaking out when that baby comes early. Deep breaths, feet up, and relax. You are going to be such a great new mom!
Oh say hello to kim and the kids for me.
haha, you make me laugh girlie. i did notice the baby wise book on your list, and i'm sure as other people will agree and have told you, i swear by that thing! really... ppl always say what a happy and content baby cam is, and i think its about 50% his nature, and 50% that book! i don't go by it religiously, but most of it has helped me so much! and p.s. you didn't tell me before you had your baby shower, stinker! please email me your address so i can send sweet baby oberg a gift. i love buying girl things!!!
And to add one to your list: Come to Taylor's dreamland (Happy Valley) and meet your sweet little daughter's sweet little future husband. I've already accepted that we'll be introducing them to each other at the same time we're seeing them for the first time. I wish I could help you with your list. We're lucky we didn't marry slobs of husbands (like some of the guys we dated, haha). Good luck, friend, and try not to stress too much. When I was getting stressed being pregnant I would just imagine the womb tightening up and stressing the baby and making him more prone to being hyperactive and that usually forced me to relax ;). I think it worked with Asher, not so sure about Shiloh, though :).
Ahhh…Crystal! I am dying laughing! Being pregnant is a full time job by itself. Too bad other people’s lives don’t revolve around us. Ha ha It seems like that is all I can think about…and am almost offended if Eric has any other thought or topic that he wants to discuss. It has been ALL baby, getting ready for the baby, reading baby books, etc. baby-baby-baby! And they aren’t even born yet!
I also have a ‘to-do’ list…however, I haven’t been very good at getting anything done. By the time I get home from work, my feet are swollen, my back hurts, and I don’t feel like doing anything but sitting on the couch. Good thing that we have such great husbands! (Eric was freaking out that I haven’t packed my hospital bag yet…I told him that he needs to settle down!!!) I don’t really feel like this is the ‘nesting’ that everyone talks about…I think that it is just a matter of making room for a baby and finding a place for everything else. Just an adjustment.
I was wondering is you had decided on a crib or colors for her room. It is really the fun-est part! The hardest part is not spending a million $ because everything is so dang cute!
How fun to have your mom’s rocking chair. What color are you going to paint it?
We bought a bunch of cute shelves/dresser etc at IKEA. Cute stuff and it didn’t really cost that much.
We should have just split up all of this baby book reading….then gotten together and talked about it. I feel like all I do is read about being pregnant and having a baby….I haven’t even gotten to the breast feeding books. YIKES! I have had 2 complete strangers congratulate me on being pregnant and in the same breath ask me if I’m going to breastfeed. I’m sure that my face went bright red…I was totally taken off guard…especially because one of them was a 30 yo man! I would like to hear about your experiences in these birthing classes.
Put church on the back burner…aren’t you getting released in March anyways. ;) ha ha ha I told my Sunday school class that if I wasn’t there to just mark the roll and shut the door til the bell rings. It’s been nice. ;)
Let’s get together sometime. I quit my Thursday job…so I am more pleasant to be around! I work every-other Friday but am always up for a shopping trip/lunch. Let me know when you’re going to be down!
I totally feel you. Sometimes there are just way to many things to do and not enough time. By the way I started reading the breast feeding books and almost got more stressed. So don't panic, I'm hoping I'll just get the hang of it when the time comes.
P.S. I love the old suntan commercial. I would kill to see that again:) Also you look wonderful prego, so just tell all those people with big mouths to go to you know where. I don't know how you keep your cool. My doctor told me I gained to much weight this month and I was in tears...Pregnancy hormones:)
Crystal, you crack me up! I was the same way before I had Abbi- and the worst part is you have a million things to do and zero energy to do any of it. I know you will survive and baby girl oberg will be here before you know it! Just take it one thing at a time and remember- it's okay if you don't get everything done. I know you want a cute nursery all set up with washed clothes in the closet and decorations on the wall- but all you really need are some jammies, wipes and diapers and you'll be set for the first couple of weeks. Good luck, I wish I could be there to help!
oh girl I'm so sorry!! I feel your stressness! But I would look at all that stuff and think how fun! although I love organizing and decorating! don't worry if you don't get it all finished by the time she gets here, just make sure you have a name. haha jk. GOOD LUCK AND SERIOUSLY if you need help Im here for ya!
....PS.... I know its not close to ya but IKEA has THE best organization items!
HaHa!! Don't worry you only need some diapers, wipes and a few clothes like Shauni said. We HAD NONE of that stuff done with Isaac and it all worked out. And then with Drew I thought I was going to get the nursery all set up and be super ready since we couldn't be with Isaac...and guess what....I still didn't get it done with Drew either!! It'll all works out in the end.
Good luck with your list! And not to bum you out; but it doesn't go away when the baby comes.....it seems to stay just as long.
PS I really liked Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby better than Babywise...but I don't want to add any more stress to you!
Crystal! You are a kick in the pants! Don't you just dread THE LIST?!?!? It really is nice that the 3 of us have such fabulous husbands to support our craziness! I'm so sad i wasn't there to have Maddox and laugh with you two. This ohio business is buggin right now! I need to be in utah!! I'm excited for your chair...you'll have to post some before and after pics of when you refinish it! I'm excited you picked a crib! That's the funnest part when it all comes together and you get the bedding put on....it just seems so real!! TEll taylor way to go on cleaning out old stuff...it's a hard task!
Oh, my sweet girl--some advice from a mom of 6 babies and the best daughter in the world--it's all going to be ok. Take a deep breath, put your feet up when you get home, do one thing at a time, and find the joy in this miraculous experience. You are going to be the best mom, you have great support from your family and friends, and you are going to have a precious baby girl!!!We love you, girlie...
Remember--find the JOY...
What can I say....good luck;)
Hey Crystal! It's good to be back in the blogging world.
I can guarantee I will NOT be getting my PhD. That is just too much craziness for this girl. (Although Kami has encourgaged me to do it.)
Congrats on being preggers! That's so cute that you and Melissa and Jami are all going to be new mommies at the same time.
Those stupid lists are never ending!!! And for some reason when your pregnant, big, and uncomfortable, it seems that's when you get the motivation to do all that manual labor work-cleaning out bedrooms, painting, moving furniture.
Take it easy. Just think of the essentials that you NEED for the baby and you can get the rest as time goes on.
Do I get the pleasure of your company at Convention? I sure hope so. Let me know!!
it's actually the bissell version. and let me give you the shpeel about why its better. the mop pad on the shark just velcroes to the bottom, and doesn't stay on as well. the bissell one comes up the sides and has a bungee cord to keep it in place. the bissell has a trigger on the handle for the steam, the shark only steams when you push the entire handle down as you push the mop forward. they are about the same price. i know, i'm a retard but i did quite a bit of research, and more people had better reviews on the bissell. just fyi. :) i'm loving that with cam crawling soon, i don't have to worry about chemicals being used on my floor!
Crystal... thanks for your nice comment on my post about Brett:) You're so sweet. I haven't checked your blog in a long time, and it was so exciting to see that you're pregnant, and having a GIRL! The BEST:) Girls rock, and so do all the accessories! That's funny you saw my girls on that website. Joy is my neighbor, and we're obsessed with all her darling hair bows.
Shauni's little girl is an absolute doll, especially her little girl. you'll have to tell her i said hi!
Well, i can't wait to see what your little girl looks like- enjoy getting all prepared for your first one, even though it's busy, cuz for any other pregnancy to follow, you'll have other kids to worry about which takes away from all that fun planning.
Post a Comment