Sunday, September 30, 2007

This is a masculine post...

Mike this post is for you and all other male bloggers who feel the desire to leave a comment (except for you Dan). So this weekend was pretty masculine. On Friday Taylor and I spent some time with Joel in his new bachelor pad in SLC. On Saturday we started off the day with a pretty sweet snow storm. We then went to Sniders and got some thick juicy steaks and headed up to the Oberg's house for a rompin' good time cookin' up some manly meat and watching the Oregon game. Unfortunately Oregon threw the game away when Dixon fumbled the ball in the end zone in the last 13 seconds, forfeiting any chance they had of winning the game. But the loss did not stop the fun, oh no. We then went up to the gun range with Taylor's siblings and shot at animal targets (which I got a lot better at once Taylor sighted his gun in). Afterwards we went back to the Oberg's and ate some buffalo wing pizza and watched some more football. Wow, my testosterone is pumping...

How's that for a manly man post?






14 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

The scrap-booky background detracts a little from the overall masculinity of this post (that and the fact that I was already aware of the sissy post that preceded it), but it was still a decent effort. For masculinity, you can't beat guns and steak. In reality, the manliest thing about this post is the fact that your husband looks like a homicidal militia man in that last picture. He must practice that face in the mirror. I think he picked it up after looking at a lot of dad's pictures.


Great post. I wish I knew that I was going to be in Utah to take advantage of the mountains and snow this year.

The Obergs said...

Mike, you're so hard to please. Out of all the backgrounds I could pick from, this was the LEAST girly. I knew if I went with anything otherwise, I would get an ear-full from my husband. And yes, in pretty much every picture we take Taylor looks like he's ready to go on a murderous rampage....I have to be selective of which pictures I post. The ironic thing is that Taylor has the best smile out of almost anyone I know.

cheeks said...

OH! I'm so jealous of the mountains and trees changing and shooting....without us!

Snow huh? It was about 90 degrees here most of the week, so i wont complain one bit!

Glad your testosterone is flowin'!

Alison said...

crystal, are you kidding me, i adore you, of course you will forever be in my heart! i'm so glad you read the blog, and anything i can do to help convince your hubby we're not all that bad here in the valley, well let me know baby. you look great! kisses

Melissa said...

Crystal…you are so funny! You’re so well rounded to be so cute and girly (you always look so cute...even when shooting guns!) and then so tough to be shootin guns and eating red meat! Ha ha ha I also appreciate your commentary on the Oregon game! I never knew that you were so interested in football! What a great day! But I’m with Jami…you went shooting without us! Not fair!

Lonna said...

Well I am so impressed that you are handy with a gun!! I have to say that I have never even held one. The men of my family are not the hunter gatherer type. I am proud to know you. And you do make shooting look so stylish.

Camisha Gollaher said...

Great Job! My testosterone is even pumping after reading THAT post! Sound like you had fun!

BreAnna said...

the leaves are so gorgeous!! Your hair is so great, I love that you are always changing it, you are much more daring that I am! Way to post some testosterone!!

Mike and Kim said...

If the scrap-booky background didn't do it, then your commentors did. I counted twenty-two exclamations (!) of girlyness in 6 comments.


I may have to stop participating in your blog unless you can start appealing to a more diversified audience.

Frost Family said...

There is still definitely some residual estrogen from the last post leaking onto this one...However, I give Taylor props for looking like Ted Kazinsky the early years....(Yes I know thats not how you spell Kazinsky but wouldn't it be weird if i knew how to really spell it??

Mike and Kim said...

I was just kidding! Come back, my blog needs your comments! They're the best ones I get! And the most consistent! And I love your new hair! Colby was wrong! It looks best in the most recent pictures! You're so cute!

shauni said...

The leaves are so pretty! And snow? Wow! I miss Utah. I love the post and I think for being a girly girl, you are also very cool in a boyish way.

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

We think a girl should know how to shoot guns and use power tools. Good work!

Thanks for the nice comments on our blog. It's always nice to hear from you.

Steven and Megan were just here for a minute. She's dialated to a 1. So I guess things are starting to move a little bit.

Monica said...

Just wondering who Mike is? And I must say that we could use a little more testosterone in our house. 3 ladies equals lots of drama, out of wack emotions, mood swings, and lots of tears! I think we really drive Shan crazy.